Small and portable build suggestions

I have a few spare parts so I have gotten the itch to make a new build. Since my 2 other boards are huge monsters, I am considering making a small portable board for those times I just want to grab my helmet and go run an errand.

Thing I already have: Caliber II 50 trucks eskating mounts MBS AT wheels 6355 maytech motors Maytech remote Wheel and motors pulleys and belts

Things I need: Deck (something like the Jet Tayto, unfortunately I did not take part in the EU group buy by @bigben :man_facepalming:) Enclosure (@eboosted single stack looks fantastic, see above) Battery (I will make a 12S3P with 30Q cells) BMS (Besttech D140) ESC (2x Foxboxes or a Unity? I need to find a supplier in Europe to keep costs down)

I don’t need 10S for that board since my other boards are 12S I do not want to have to deal with multiple chargers. I have 2 charges 1 at home and 1 at work.

What other options apart from the ones listed above would you suggest.? Keep in mind I live in a very hilly area in a country with a hot summer climate so things like single motor builds, low powered electronics etc simply will not cut it.

1 Like

Sealed or unsealed?

Since its just a budget light weight board i would just post a WTB uses small deck thread. Im sure someone has something laying around for cheap. Same with the focboxes. Maybe a maytech 100a dual vesc if you toss a heatsink on there. At 12s3p your not going to be pushing the vesc to hard so a unity seems overkill. I’d pick up some 90mm wheels maybe even 83mm

1 Like

Sealed. They fit just fine with 9mm belts. Here is a photo of a previous iteration of my board.

20181001_184319

9mm belts are not the best solution but for a relatively low powered build that will not be used as much as my Evo they will have to do. In the future I may get e-calibers to switch to 15mm belts.

I am afraid of using anything other than a Focbox, Ollin or Vesc6 on 12S. Buy once cry once…

2 Likes

Get a 121c Aileron and fit eBoosted Vanguard enclosure on it like @nuttyjeff did

Lol…:rofl: Dude you are killing me, I am trying to find cheaper alternatives here…:smiley: Anyway, I like the looks of the Tayto with eboosted enclosure more. However since this is supposed to be a budget build (which with you lot will most likely end up costing more than my car :roll_eyes:) so keep the ideas coming. All of them …

How about an even smaller build with 121c’s even smaller deck! :smiley:

IMG_20181230_132031 IMG_20181230_132138 IMG_20181230_132333 IMG_20181218_174009 IMG_20181230_133322 IMG_20181230_132120

7 Likes

Love the Rover :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Whered you get the enclosure 3d printed?

Just a quick one @taz - I believe Ben intends to build an enclosure for the spud/tayto and so there will be a European option for the enclosure. His prices are about 1/3rd the price as well, so that’s a nice bonus :smiley:

I’m going to use two racerstar 5065’s on 60cm SR TKP trucks with 85mm caguamas and some home made mounts and removable 8s3p battery and a flipsky 4.20 plus. Should be light and tight for shopping and to keep in the back of my car. I have no need to tackle hills with it, that’s what the other crazy builds are for.

Not in any rush to build it, months until summer.

2 Likes

Love it man. I’m also interested in where you go the enclosure?

Thanks to @Yecrtz I got me a Tayto with single stack enclosure. Now I need one of you fine gents to sell me a Unity and a D140 12S Liion BMS.

Deck and enclosure : Check, waiting from @bigben Cells: Ordered from Nkon BMS: Ordered for @bigben

Now all that I am missing is a charge port and a Unity (smaller than Focboxes and I don’t need an antispark switch or loop key)

Any of you fine gents have a Unity you are willing to sell me?