SK3's Big Size Motor Group Buy CLOSED END ✌👍👍

Cool, @barajabali will you throw in some more info soon about this (the motors you can obtain)?

Im not entirely US buyer (instead EU) but I still like to see many options. My now most likely sources for motors is either hobbyking or ordering from china.

Plus, the motors I found from china… is quite unknown, they are called racerstar and they dont come in the big 6374 / 6364 sizes, max is 6355.

Hobbyking prices somewhat increased for all the motors it seems… so unless there is a special trick or sale / coupon to use (of which I am not aware now as of now)… then hobbyking is out of the list for me now :confused:

Plus, the wires are indeed quite stiff with sk3… and shafts are not always suitably long, for thicker mounts or pulleys.

1 Like

I purchased my motors from this same company but on my own- not with the group buy.

The motors i got had the wrong motor shaft length but that was my fault mostly. I told her extended shaft and we just had different understanding

Oh ok I get it now why u did not get the long shafts… they were intended but you just did not double check with them that they got it correct…

Anyways, Im really supporting the idea about you making a similar group buy… it look quite a long time to finalize for this one… which is just fine but might not always be suitable when the eboard building might get hasty…

Non the less, it seems @wmj259 has built the path now… so there’s not much bad I can tell… of course, the buyers still have to get their motors… but the all buy process went pretty structured I think :slight_smile:

I just see from this now how lenghty this coordinaton / info collection process can be.

1 Like

exactly- Basically my fault.

Yea the larger the group- and the more expensive the order the more complicated and drawn out it gets

2 Likes

I have sent the payment in to their company via bank transfer. It will take 2-4 Business days for it to do its thing. Projected manufacture time is about 40days not including the Chinese New Year coming up, so its still is about 5 weeks. I will keep everyone posted as this goes along. Hopefully I can get them to send pics of what they get done before the Chinese New Year.

@Okami, I agree about the lengthy process, I had this groupbuy started in Late November/EarlyDecember and school life got in the way. I have to tip my hat to these people that waited for this to happen. :slight_smile: 7

@barajabali, POST SOME PICS PLEASE!!! Can you tell me how they came packaged so I can figure out shipping and if you paid any taxes/fees on them. Let me know how they work out for you. :slight_smile:

I have to order much more than I myself needed to help others get what they wanted. I’ll end up with like 6-8 extra motors that I don’t need. Hopefully, I can get my money back by selling them on the marketplace.

They come in a plastic bag wrapped in bubble wrap in a small white box which is then in a larger shipping box.

They are authentic sk3’s pretty nice just upset I got the wrong shaft.

I didn’t get charged any fees or taxes just the pi price

1 Like

whats the dimensions of that box? From that picture I might be able to fit it inside a USPS medium box?

12awg, there is no reason for 10 awg as the windings arent even that large so it would just be large for no reason.

box is about 5 inchs by 3 by 3

It would fit in the medium box i think.

1 Like

Can’'t wait

Im suprised no one asked for Lower KV 6354 Motors instead of the 260KV ??

Rather that than longer shafts and silicon wires ?

Alrighty guys, Shipping. A.) Shipping from them was $157. I took the stock weight for everyones motor configuration based on hobbyking’s website, and divided it by the total weight. That gave me a mulltiplier against the total cost (Column N, is what you should pay). (Column O) is the shipping rounded down to the nearest interval of $5.00.<<< Is everyone fine with this? View here : SK3 GB Spreadsheet @DilatedPupils, please email me. @Rob.Endless, please email me.

B.) I also rounded down to the nearest 5th for the pricing aswell. I calculated the shipping, for those of you that got 2 motors, it may fit inside of this box (based on the dimensions @barajabali provided above.) –>If it fits inside a Medium Box, Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Box - 1 it will be $10.00. (~~2MOTORS) –>If it fits inside a Large Box, [Priority Mail Large Flat Rate Box] (https://store.usps.com/store/browse/uspsProductDetailMultiSkuDropDown.jsp?productId=P_LARGE_FRB&categoryId=free-shipping-supplies) it will be $15.00 (~~4MOTORS)

Is everyone fine with this?

1 Like

I’m fine with both shipping charges, @wmj259. Do you want us to PayPal you money now or when the motors arrive?

You can pay now if you like or later when. I ship the motors

1 Like

I’m fine with the prices just will pay next Friday not this one

No problem, I’ll give you guys updates on what gets done/happens over there

Looks great to me

No updates as of today. PNC bank seems to be inconsistent in telling me a estimate for payment sent date. Paperwork says 9 days but the tellers keep saying 3-5 days… Am in constant contact with manufacturer.

1 Like

They received the payment, I just resent them the DWG for the extended shaft pieces. Will keep you updated.

Edit: They also have vesc, “with 2 years warranty”and working FOC, I will get two and send someone one for feedback.

Just got some dimensions.

Please ignore the sensor wire saying 210mm.

Great job on this. Do you have drawings on the motors with regular length shafts? I was hoping to see the key way locations on those as well.