SK3 Small Dual Motor GroupBuy

Main difference is the size, if your going to do a single motor I would recommend the 6364. Basically because bigger is better. I weight around 180 also, and I run the 6374. Another difference would be that 6354 is better if you want to use two motors, because of its short size in legth, you can fit two of them on the same truck (depends on the truck).

Is there still time for me to join and snag two SK3-6355 190kv with sensors? Honestly, I’m still learning most of this, is there any real benefit to having sensors on the motor? Just curious. Thanks!

@IGiraffeT Having sensors helps on the startups and during the ride. It tells the Vesc where the motors orientation is to better send pulses. On initial start up it helps with not jerking the board to make a smoother startup.

Alright awesome @wmj259 , thanks for clarifying! Would you mind putting me down for two SK3-6355 190kv with sensors then?

Is doing a sensored motor more expensive or does it need more parts to put it on a board.

It’s a few dollars more. No additional parts but it requires additional settings on the vesc that can get messed up.

So its just settings on the vesc that you have to put in on the software? So if the setting get messed up would the vesc basically be dead?

Correct. If those settings get messed up then the vesc gets fried. You can however not plug the sensor wire in and leave it disconnected until you feel like your comfortable enough to later use it.

From what I have used, I use FOC mode which has had bad rep for causing drv errors (if programed incorrectly) but it is a delight to use because the startups are smooth. You can also go bldc sensored or hybrid mode but I have not yet used those.

Hey can you change mine to a 190kv plz and thank you

Firstly do these all come with key ways and extended shafts, and second can I still get in on it? @wmj259

@jbruce, They come with keyways, but not extended shafts.

Is the group buy still going on? I am a little confused

Yes it is.

Could I get 1 6364 245kv without sensors please. Also do they come with silicone wires? @wmj259

Yes with silicone wires. I’ll add you in.

Sorry, but I can’t get those as the MOQ for that size is 10.

@wmj259 Would shipping to the UK be possible?

@Dougieman1001 If you are willing to pay for the shipping, that is fine with me. In my honest opinion you would probably end up paying more, as it first gets shipped to me the shipped to you (and maybe Vat applies once it enters EU?).

Mhm Yeah As I posted that, I did think that it might end up being more, never mind :stuck_out_tongue:

Could i get a 6364 with 190kv? I’m using it with a 10s3p battery pack from Diy