Simple 3D-printed NRF remote - Arduino controlled

@StefanMe @Sascha_stevenson Yes I am following those. But this one is using old list "Arduino Nano and NRF ". Those origin parts are easy to buy than the adafruit stuffs… if you live outside the states. It is not as compact as your adafruit controller. But I am sure this will be useful to some user here that wanted to switch their old part to a new case.

I live in the UK and it is so much easier to get Adafruit parts than 40 other parts each from somewhere else

how about something like this ?

Hello @all I have alread read the whole 1902 posts in this very interesting topic. First of all a big WOW :wink: really impressive. A few words to my motivation…I have developed 3 jet surfboards but the big deal is still the remote. A few years ago the first prototype was controlled by a nunchuck and a teensy 3.1. All the software / codes have been written down by a friend of mine. Now I have seen your lovely remote controls - really nice. And … a few days later I have build up a working one. Now the big BUT is coming, when I try to use the receiver to control a stupid PWM ESC it doesn`t work. By checking with the oszi the are really strange curves… I have tried everything, starting with solidgeeks data from mid 2017 over solidgeeks data from mid 2018 up to deadbannoks software - with your software it is impossible to get a connection - I am to stupid :wink: All the same issue - what could it be?

Enclosed I will try to load up data from the nunchuck version and one from the solidgeek…

Bye and thanks in advance Fabian! the version of solidgeek: esk8

and the old nunchuck version: I will post it in a few seconds…

ard8

okay…I have found the mistake - I have forgotten to solder the pins 5 and 6 :frowning: 3 evenings of searching the mistake - and now 15 seconds of soldering and it is done. The signal is still a little noisy - any ideas? esk8_omg

One more question why is the signal on PIN6 for status LED smoother than on PIN5 for PWM?

1 Like

Should be the same… both Pins share the same clock. Maybe this is a quality issue from clones? Or a overall issue?

Is this so important for u? The PWM looks quiet ok for a average receiver. Have I tried another board with different chip for sience? Maybe the ESP32 or SAMD21?

A bit of derail, Stefan do you know if your remote will work with the normal receiver of solidgeek, adjusting the address pipe?

1 Like

No chance… total different transmitter/Frequency. :frowning:

1 Like

Hi StefanMe The problem is the little noisy signal - for the MGM controller it is a little hard to follow a clean ramp up for exapmle. I will try to improve a little - anyone else there using it with an normal ESC?

1 Like

I’ve just started building this cool remote, I’ve got the arduinos all soldered up and would like to test the communication of the nrfs to see if I did everything right, is there anything I have to do to the default code to get them to recognize each other? or is it just upload the code and turn them on? I’ve got a pretty basic knowledge of arduino, so could somebody explain how the address thing works? How does the receiver know to talk to my transmitter not another and vice versa?

1 Like

Take a look to the code… make shure u got the same address ect.

Defining variables for NRF24 communication
const uint64_t defaultAddress = 0xE8E8F0F0E1LL;
const uint8_t defaultChannel = 108;

Basically it should be plug n play with the code to test. But in the future u should get your own address since this remote has become pretty popular. And you may run into another person using it with stock address.

1 Like

I see, so if I were to change the address, what possibilities can I write in for the address and what values can I write for the channel?

for the address 0-F (hex for example… 0x92F83A329BLL ). Keep the channel how it is for now.

There is no option to switch off the regulator… i dont like it.

Awesome, that is super helpful! Thanks!

@StefanMe @solidgeek

I’m having trouble uploading the code?! 22

U have to include libaries… just google for Arduino IDE install libraries.

2 Likes

@StefanMe is it the VescUart.cpp from RollingGecko i need to install?