Simple 3D-printed NRF remote - Arduino controlled

Yes, it takes 6-12V (5V over usb) in and output 3.3V it says on the website so it appears this has a voltage regulator as would also be likely as a seperate regulator for 3.3V is not mentioned in the parts lists.

I think this is the RobotDyn one that Solidgeek also has linked on Aliexpress.

1 Like

thank you!

1 Like

where can you buy those PCBā€™s bud?

I created them by my ownā€¦ but these are with totally different hardware.

would this hall sensor work? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONEYWELL-S-C-SS495A-SENSOR-RATIOMETRIC-LINEAR-/351163597255

Its the sensor from the BOMā€¦ so of course it will work if u stick to the basic 5V Arduino nano

1 Like

@StefanMe I will try out your controller. Despite it Is hard to buy adafruit in Europe.

I am still using Firefly controller at moment and still keep my firefly code up to date.

1 Like

@solidgeek @StefanMe anyone used this module? or know if it works

Looks like itā€™s a combined SMD and TH moduleā€¦ should work. Itā€™s just a bit bigger than the regular one. Why u wanna use it? Just take the normal one. Or a high quality oneā€¦

2 Likes

because it is another 40 days wait for the one listed on the build :joy: but would it work as a temporary one?

Yes module should workā€¦ u can use SMD or TH to connect it.

1 Like

Any Firefly geeks keen to work on getting telemetry working with the Focbox Unity?

Hereā€™s the post from Jeff (Deodand) where he talks about the change he made to the UART protocol for the Unity.

Am I correct that we would need to make changes to the datatypes.h code in the VescUartControl-new file?

3 Likes

I just ordered a firefly and a unity. Let me know if I can help

Yes this particular nano has dedicated 3.3v regulator underside of the board.

Sorry cbf reading through every solution on this thread - any quick fixes for intermittent cutouts?

I have built the remote and receiver according to this tutorial:

Itā€™s plugged into a unity. I added the power filtering to the receiver today but it didnā€™t fix the issue. In my skim through this topic I saw a few mentions of adding caps to the receiver Arduino between 5v and gnd. Is that the solution?

1 Like

Im no expert, but when you say power filtering to the receiver (if u used something like a LC filter), i believe that would have the same effect as the capacitor

If you donā€™t have a cap on 5v sure add it and see if it helps other than that it could be fluctuations on 3.3v

TEST Making it more compact and durable. Nothing change on parts.

4 Likes

@Deakbannok search for firefly nano. :wink:

or FeatherRemote or TriggerRemote orā€¦ all the remotes are smaller then the firefly. Firefly was a great start for all! I think no diy remote would there if soldigeek didnā€™t start with the firefly!

FeatherRemoteOverview

3 Likes