Simple 3D-printed NRF remote - Arduino controlled

Best way is sharing a dropbox/GDrive (or any cloud) link. That way you share it only once and everyone can acces it :wink:

Iā€™m using the latest development code from github but my remote wonā€™t bind with the receiver? What can go wrong? I checked the soldering and it all looks great.

I had the same symptoms and found that it was interference that the transmitter was receiving from other components in the remote. I solved it by masking everything but the antenna with copper tape, and also soldering a 3 inch wire antenna to the ends of the ceramic antenna. If you place your finger on the ceramic antenna do you temporarily get a connection? I would, which is how I diagnosed the issue.

Iā€™ll try Thanks!!!

That sounds so scary :rofl:

@SynteX make sure u have on both devices the same ADDRESS setā€¦ AND MAKE IT UNIQUE PLEASE

Both are running stock development branche gor test mode. Also i canā€™t find any adress variable anymore.

Still canā€™t get it to bind iā€™m using the nrf chips from the order list. The remote signal icon keeps flashing the signalsā€¦

found it but first need to solve the binding issue but i have no clue at all!!!

Did u tried the debug mode and check remote and reciever?

Will do that tomorrow evening. Is there something i can notice with debug mode? something i have to look for?

(I know how to enable it)

U will see if the transmitters are working properly

So judging but what youā€™ve said so far, it sounds like you havenā€™t cleared your EEPROM. When you reflash anything you need to clear the EEPROM first so that the address will take and everything can connect. If you go into the example sketches in the arduino IDE, thereā€™s an EEPROM clear sketch thatā€™ll run, then turn on the blue LED when itā€™s done. Do that to both the remote and receiver, THEN flash the dev branch again. If you want to change the connection address, youā€™ll need to clear the EEPROM again before flashing the code with the new address. Otherwise, the new address wonā€™t take.

2 Likes

Have u made the five video yet?

Script was finished before the semster started, but unfortunately I havenā€™t had access to any of my other gear while at school. So no, not yet. Iā€™ll hopefully be home next week and can finish up the series then.

It seems that this indeed was the issue! Iā€™m only wondering how to change the adress? Is there a place weā€™re i can generate a new one or can i just smash my keyboard?

1 Like

Hey guys has anyone had issues with their computer not detecting their Arduino at all? I have been looking around and I canā€™t seem to figure it out. It powers on from the usb power but for some reason it is not detected by the Arduino IDE and I canā€™t seem to find it in device manager to even try to force install a driver.

For reference I have the exact boards that were suggested to buy. Black with the resonators on them and enhanced voltage control stuff

Using a Mac by any chance? I had to fluff about downloading a new driver. Something to do with it not being a genuine Arduino and the knock offs use a cheaper usb module or somethingā€¦

No I am using a PC. I do believe that you are required to download a new driver for the C340G communication chip. I am not sure that cheaper board is the correct term considering it is built better than the original from my standpoint haha

Anyway I havenā€™t gotten it to work yet. Did you have success with your own?

Yeah I managed to get mine working - muddled my way through. Thatā€™s good to know about the chip - it works which is all I care about.

Only other thing I guess is the settings in the Arduino interfaceā€¦ but then you probably know how to use an interface.