Simple 3D-printed NRF remote - Arduino controlled

Haha we both use a 3.3 hall sensor. Mine worked great.
OH49E SS49E from Honeywell

I also didn’t know about this board. Looks awesome!

Hey, does anyone have pictures for the inside of the remote?

The ESP stack is kinda buggy, I’ve used these before and they’d just die out on me when I use them for a long time, forcing me to reset them.

Check the several tutorials or scroll in the thread. You will find a lot of pics of the inside. You can also check my posts and you find one or two

cool :grinning: I think I just can’t keep up with all the cool threads on this forum… They are both exactly what I searched for (under 3V to over 5V support). The DRV5053 is even more efficient and only uses around 2-3mA compared 4-6mA of the Honeywell. Don’t get me wrong they are both awesome, I just wanted to compare the sensors for others who have to decide. They are both a little bit over 1$ :+1:

If you want to know more about Lora i can just recommend Andreas Spiess he made tons of videos about the Lora boards and has a crazy amount of knowledge. yea the speed could be an issue. I had mixed up something in my head in the last comment. Apparently, they are quite slow…

1 Like

mhh doesn’t sound good… how long ago was it? maybe Arduino bootloaders/compiler improved. i have its predecessor the ESP8266 in a small project of mine. for 3 years it ran without problems

Just finished my first firefly remote sobi want to thank solidgeek for all the files and the know how and special thx to seethebridges and of course to this great forum. I followed your how to vids on youtube got the remote running on the 1st try (still have to make the receiver and the final settings so im looking forward for the last vieo :grin:) Are there any instructions how to set up the remote in the remote settings? Really like the remote so far i sprayed it with plast dip to make it more grippy and it fits soo good to my board IMG_5790 IMG_5566

3 Likes

perfect match :wink:

hmm, a new antenna and linear regs installed on tx and rx and the dropouts are gone, but i’m still having an unusual failure where the throttle locks up for a few seconds randomly

I’ve remixed the top part of the remote with a larger screen for people who were interested.

Remote Top With Larger Screen

Just uploaded .stl files and code to GitHub:

There is no settings menu yet, all parameters are in the code. It’s also smaller, so please print it before ordering electronic components.

IMG_20181030_235402

Just got RFM69HCW transceiver (~$2), will try to use it with Arduino Nano to make receiver cheaper. Also ordered TIGO LoRa32 board.

4 Likes

Thanks… what’s about your times?

Cycle time Display refresh time Transmission time… Worst case cycle time over 15 minutes or something…

That’s super important.

So ive got some MCP chips on hand now. I dont have the PCB for the reciever, what pins should i connect to the chip.

I can do, If you’re still interested.

I like your design, (bit like the other micro remotes from china) I’m thinking of going with one of these boards (esp32 + sx1278) from alixpress (also available with mounted oled), imo the feathers from adafruit are a bit to expensive at 25$,

Please see my post. I’ll update STL files to accommodate esp32 board after testing, it’s almost the same size.

Does anyone have a vector file for the firefly logo used in this rendering?

I want to engrave my scream logo on a wood and aluminium version of this remote, but I’d feel better about doing that if it had the firefly logo as well to pay homage.

i got it as DXF… if it helps

1 Like

Yeah that’d be cool. Just any graphic file I can work with.

Give me your email… i cannot upload DXF here