Simple 3D-printed NRF remote - Arduino controlled

Thanks man! I have added you to the ever growing list of beta testers :stuck_out_tongue: I would love some help with the graphics, I have been drawing everything on paper (and manually created the bit strings) until I found that GIMP can export the right bit-string (called XBM) from a black/white image.

The “connection/wifi” icon has three stages: No connection, connected and transmitting. It has to be within 24x32 px (width x height). Would love to see what you could come up with :slight_smile:

He is not setting it up directly, but it is what he says in the following sentence:

So I think you are on the right track now :blush::blush:

@lox897: Yes, true. Should be right.

sorry it took me so long…

Basically,

erpm = rpm * # of pole pairs

or…

erpm = rpm * (# of magnets / 2)

Either works. I know this to be correct, as I use this formula for my app, VESC Status, and I have used them recently for calculating kv. (kv = max rpm/batt voltage, and in this case, your working with erpm, so it has to be converted). Everything is accurate with these formulas.

1 Like

Since your doing speed, you’ll need users to be able to input their wheel diameter and the number of pole pairs in their motor. Most are 7, but some of 14 or 12. Just a thought to keep in mind. The last photo looks great!

Parts parts lol

6 Likes

Another update if you didn’t read closely, magnets come by X1 piece. I thought it came in like x10+.

Well I found 10x, I don’t mind having spares :wink:

@solidgeek can you tell me whats the total screen size of the display ?? pixels x pixels size ? I want to try some different graphics. Also what format ? GIF ? PNG ? JPG ?

Format should be:

I think

OK got it. Do you know what’s the total screen size in pixels ?

He mentioned it further up:

1 Like

Okay thank you :-)! I have already added the option to enter wheel diameter and number of motor poles (magnets). The calculation of speed and distance is now working.

I am calculating the distance based on the tachometer value, would you mind checking if my calculation are correct? (poles are equal to the number of magnets).

ratio = motor-pulley / wheel-pulley

distance = ((tachometer / (3 * poles)) * ratio * d * 3,14159) / 1000000

Or simplified to a constant multiplied with the changing tacho-value

2 Likes

Also graphics need to be in 8bit mode up to 128x32 size or smaller like icons for example - black and white only and saved as .bmp file which he can later convert to hex/C array.

2 Likes

@NAF I see @Maxid was faster than me :stuck_out_tongue: You can see how the screen looks in this video:

@MontPierre Excatly :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Would spinning of the motor in the air add milage ?

Thanks guys !! I got everything !

@MontPierre Yeah no way around that :wink:

@NAF Looking forward to see what you come up with :smile:

1 Like

If you need help designing the graphics hit me up because I’ve done it before. Hopefully you’re using Windows, or if you want to convert it to a hex array you’ll have to run the program on wine or a VM.

2 Likes

Can’t get my screen to work, maybe it’s defective. Voltage is on vcin pin ( 5V) and I think i connected it correctly - a5 and a4 pins on Nano. Got the libraries, everything compiles and uploads. Nothing on the screeen. I’ll wait for more screens to arrive and try again :slight_smile:

Maybe you connected the I2C wrong? This is how it has to go:

SDA = Pin A4 SCL = Pin A5

If this isn’t working you could try using an I2C-scanner (I think Arduino comes with a sketch for this by default).