Simple 3D-printed NRF remote - Arduino controlled

I think it will work, but have to do more research.

Hey first i will say i love your work very great remote! i read much here about it and try to build it.all worked but i have a little problem the throttle value is very small. now i saw this post and i am thinking maybe i am wrong because i used a 3,3v arduino pro mini but i used the raw pin for power it (there goes 5v) and the oled + the hall sensor too, but maybe thats wrong ? what can make a problem like mine? the remote show throttle value 50% too 99% when i rotate the wheelknob. regards from germany marc :wink:

How did u put the magnets together? One is normal way and the other one is upside down. In the settings menu u can adjust everything u need Regards from Munich :grimacing:

1 Like

As @StefanMe points out, maybe you didnā€™t invert the polarity of the magnets? Another issue I can think of is that the SS495 hall sensor min voltage is 4.5V, so a 3.3V supply wont work. If you supply it from the 5V you wil be having issues as the OUTPUT voltage of the hall sensor will be to high for your 3.3V Arduino.

1 Like

Hey, could you respond to my message?

Thank you for the Info :wink: i just put 2 magnets in the 2 holes at this moment i dont think about the direction, so i think thats my fault but i will test it tomorrow and let you know Regards from kreuzwertheim :wink:

Thank you for the fast answer. :slight_smile: thought falsely wise that the digital pins 5v would be tolerant. I test everything tomorrow and give feedback. is it actually possible to exchange gas and brake? Iā€™m used to it (gas forward / brake backwards). Regards from germany :wink:

Just put the magnet in the wrong way inā€¦ :wink: then everything is inverted. Or invert the values in VESCā€¦

1 Like

What is the best component for building at the moment. Did someone found a solution for an all power up/charge combination with 100 or 200ma charge current?

Did anyone work on the feather M0?

Damn that was huge amount of wholesome information. Thank you all for your effort!

hello every one im about to build my own long board i just have a question what type of reciever you can control with this remote all 2.4ghz or is a specific one??

@tnschro U use an Arduino with RF24 2.4gh board. U cannot use some kind of other receiverā€¦

@PaFe ??

@StefanMe sorry Iā€™m new to the forum and just red the whole history. Just wanted to say thanks to all of you for this great effort - itā€™s insane.

2 Likes

So you need 2 RF24 2.4gh one for receiver and one for transmitter right??

1 Like

Correct. U have two times the same setup. Arduino with NRF24l01. Both send and receive information. One is in your remote and the other at your VESC

now it works with 5v arduino pro mini and 2 magnets but in diff directions thank you for the help :slight_smile:

Iā€™m having an issue where my transmitter wonā€™t boot correctly unless I push the reset button on the nano.

It wonā€™t boot from just turning on the power switch. I get green and blue lights on the nano, but the lcd doesnā€™t turn on.

It boots correctly 100% of the time when I push the reset button on the nano.

Any likely culprits here? Iā€™ve tried the 10k resister from RX to GND as suggested by @HighMasterGogoā€¦ no change. Iā€™ve tried turning it on and wiggling all wires to see if it might be a loose connection or short somewhere - nothing. Transmitter appears to be functioning as expected once the reset button is pressed, so wiring fault seems unlikely.

It may be relevant that the transmitter isnā€™t 100% completed yetā€¦ Iā€™m still waiting on the Hall effect sensor.

Get your hands on a really small ceramic cap to go between reset and ground. I use 22pF caps on all mine

2 Likes

Hmmmā€¦ so I just soldered a ceramic capacitor between the RST and GND but it hasnā€™t fixed the issue.

Just double checking I bought the right thing:

https://www.jaycar.co.nz/22pf-50vdc-ceramic-capacitors-pack-of-2/p/RC5316

Is there anything I should have done with the Arduino out of the box to prepare it? (Other than upload the two/three libraries and flash the code). Iā€™m wondering if thereā€™s some code Iā€™m missing which resets the Arduino when itā€™s turned on?

Hmm, yeah. Those should work. If itā€™s still freezing, youā€™re gonna want to check the wiring on your NRF. If thereā€™s a short there, it can freeze up the whole nano.

1 Like