Simple 3D-printed NRF remote - Arduino controlled

the howto wiki sems to be missing the last steps ( * Software

• Final assembly)?!

is there somewhere a complete instruction to find?

@SeeTheBridges made some youtube tutorials :slight_smile: Same name on youtube :wink:

1 Like

Anyone who can build a firefly remote for me? More than happy to pay a little extra

Again i think @SeeTheBridges stil does and @Zyb. Zyb got another topic created for his remotes WTS: PCB based Firefly Remotes

I’m not actively accepting new orders at this time unfortunately.

@solidgeek Hi bro, it’s absolutely perfect job. Do you have receiver schema?

do you guys think I fried my nrf24l01 by connecting Arduino 3.3V to GND on nrf24l01 and Arduino GND to 3.3V on nrf24l01?

Arduino 3.3 V <—> nrf24l01 GND Arduino GND <—> nrf24l01 3.3 V

The 3.3V voltage regulator got hot on the arduino, then I noticed my mistake.

More likely u fried your 3.3v regulator on the Arduino instead the nrf24

It’s exactly the same as the transmitter…

Yeah here you go: https://solidgeek.dk/docs/firefly-remote/remote/electrical-wiring/

2 Likes

What’s about your PCB? I took a look on your blog and it seems like i are already finished there…

turned out that both, my arduino and the nrf works fine :wink:

Just build mine, is this info still accurate? Throttle up means the bar goes from left to right, brake means bar goes from right to left? I would like throttle up to be when pulling the wheel down (towards me), currently the bar then goes from right to left.

Does anyone have a reliable build log for the firefly remote? I would love to know voltage and rough distance traveled with a remote! I have the tools to build it but resources are scattered like bitcoins.

Thank you to everyone who has helped on the firefly project, lm looking forward to assembling one someday!

flip your hall sensor or magnets 180 degree

Yea I figured, thank you :slight_smile:

@solidgeek do you also have the schematic of your Firefly Remote PCB on easyeda?

Ph boysch! This getting awesome. Final ready with headlights implementation, vibration alarm and big display with switchable main value (small button close to the display❤️

9 Likes

Nice I like the bigger screen and the additional features.

1 Like

Great - how did you design the headlight feature on the hardware side of the headlight?

1 Like