Simple 3D-printed NRF remote - Arduino controlled

The vin goes through a 5V regulator and needs I think ~6.5V before it starts out putting a stable 5V. Using the 5V pin bypasses the regulator

4 Likes

Hello, so ive been watching this project for quite some time. I just received all the necessary parts to build the remote. everything is hooked up and ready to go, however im stuck on the software part. I went to solidgeeks webpage and downloaded all the latest firmware as well as the libraries, thats the U8g2 library and the vesc uart new version. I also have the latest transmitter and reciever software. When try to verify it says: Arduino: 1.8.6 (Windows 10), Board: “Arduino Nano, ATmega328P”

Invalid library found in C:\Users\theli\Documents\Arduino\libraries\transmitter_code: C:\Users\theli\Documents\Arduino\libraries\transmitter_code Multiple libraries were found for “buffer.h” transmitter:15:18: error: RF24.h: No such file or directory

Used: C:\Users\theli\Documents\Arduino\libraries\VescUartControl-new compilation terminated.

Not used: C:\Users\theli\Documents\Arduino\libraries\VescUartControl-master Not used: C:\Users\theli\Documents\Arduino\libraries\VescUartControl-0.1.5 Not used: C:\Users\theli\Documents\Arduino\libraries\VescUartControl-master Not used: C:\Users\theli\Documents\Arduino\libraries\VescUartControl-0.1.5 Not used: C:\Users\theli\Documents\Arduino\libraries\VescUartControl-master Not used: C:\Users\theli\Documents\Arduino\libraries\VescUartControl-0.1.5 Not used: C:\Users\theli\Documents\Arduino\libraries\VescUartControl-master Not used: C:\Users\theli\Documents\Arduino\libraries\VescUartControl-0.1.5 exit status 1 RF24.h: No such file or directory

This report would have more information with “Show verbose output during compilation” option enabled in File -> Preferences.

It also says that when i try to upload it. a couple of things to note, is when i try to get the board info it says:
BN - unknown board VID - 1A86 PID - 7523 SN - upload any sketch to obtain it

Also when i try to do the wifi101 firmware certificate/updator test connection it says: programmer not responding.!!!

Please help

And thank you in advance

Just do everyone knows… discourse has code blocks

def hello
   puts "world"
end

To do so have 3 of these (`) followed immediately by your programming language of choice so python Then whatever code you have , and close it off with the same characters used to start it

1 Like

hello, thank you for the reply. So im not exactly sure what you mean by that. I put the three apostrophes in a row where it was giving me the RF24.h error but it said empty character content. I also put it in the beginning of the entire code and at the end but still did nothing. theirs also multiple errors?

Arduino: 1.8.6 (Windows 10), Board: “Arduino Nano, ATmega328P”

Invalid library found in C:\Users\theli\Documents\Arduino\libraries\transmitter_code: C:\Users\theli\Documents\Arduino\libraries\transmitter_code
Multiple libraries were found for “buffer.h”
transmitter:15:18: error: RF24.h: No such file or directory

Used: C:\Users\theli\Documents\Arduino\libraries\VescUartControl-new
compilation terminated.

Not used: C:\Users\theli\Documents\Arduino\libraries\VescUartControl-master
Not used: C:\Users\theli\Documents\Arduino\libraries\VescUartControl-0.1.5
exit status 1
RF24.h: No such file or directory

This report would have more information with
“Show verbose output during compilation”
option enabled in File -> Preferences.
VID - 1A86
PID - 7523
SN - upload any sketch to obtain it
1 Like

I’m not sure what im suppose to take from this, its just a copy of the error message

It’s to make it presentable so anyone who wish to help you can read it better

1 Like

Ok, i appreciate it.

@solidgeek how did u calculate the pre resistor for the LEDs? 1kOhm looks much to high.

If I calculate for a blue led: 5V digital output 3V LED through voltage 18mA current = 111 Ohm ~ 120 Ohm

Did I miscalculate or misunderstood something?

I think this error might be in part because you’ve installed multiple VescUart libraries. Each one contains a buffer.h but they conflict with eachother if you have more than one. Looks like you might have ‘New’, ‘master’ and one other named ‘0.1.5’ installed. Just delete/uninstall all but the one you want.

1 Like

thank you, I erased everything and started from scratch. I still get this error however and it wont let me upload:

Arduino: 1.8.6 (Windows 10), Board: “Arduino Nano, ATmega328P (Old Bootloader)”

transmitter:15:18: error: RF24.h: No such file or directory

compilation terminated.

exit status 1 RF24.h: No such file or directory

This report would have more information with “Show verbose output during compilation” option enabled in File -> Preferences.

For anyone interested in a prebuilt, I’ve got 1 more currently available:

Have you installed the RF24.h library? There are a few libraries you have to install other than the VESCUART one.

2 Likes

Hey are you still selling these things? If so, can you make different colors?

I’m not currently producing different colors right now

Thank you, I did that and it work. Transmitter is all good. So now the reciever code is giving me this error:

Arduino: 1.8.6 (Windows 10), Board: “Arduino Nano, ATmega328P (Old Bootloader)”

Reciever:127:2: error: ‘VescUart’ does not name a type

VescUart UART;

^

C:\Users\theli\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Reciever\Reciever.ino: In function ‘void setup()’:

Reciever:139:7: error: ‘UART’ was not declared in this scope

UART.setSerialPort(&Serial);

^

C:\Users\theli\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Reciever\Reciever.ino: In function ‘void setCruise(bool, uint16_t)’:

Reciever:453:5: error: ‘UART’ was not declared in this scope

UART.nunchuck.lowerButton = cruise;

^

C:\Users\theli\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Reciever\Reciever.ino: In function ‘void setThrottle(uint16_t)’:

Reciever:488:5: error: ‘UART’ was not declared in this scope

UART.nunchuck.valueY = map(throttle, 0, 1023, 0, 255);

^

C:\Users\theli\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Reciever\Reciever.ino: In function ‘void getUartData()’:

Reciever:537:10: error: ‘UART’ was not declared in this scope

if ( UART.getVescValues() )

^

exit status 1 ‘VescUart’ does not name a type

1 Like

Hey, i have some questions about this remote:

• is it possible to use the switch for reverse mode? (would like to keep ppm with brakes but have possibility for reverse mode)
  • is it possible to use said button for cruise control?
  • do i have to connect uart pins on my master vesc, or is slave also ok? because i would like to have bluetooth module on master

thanks

Having the same issue, what are we doing wrong?

1 Like

Hello, so my first issue was that I didn’t install the rf24.h library. Now the second issue is for my reciever and it says the vescuart does not name a type. I’m not sure what that’s suppose to mean, I’m a noob at coding. Any help is appreciated. I’ve read that if you basically downgrade to an older version of the arduino ide, some things will upload then on the newer version. It’s because when the code is made in the older version, its specific to that version. Some things may be ok in the newer version because they havnt change, however, some other things may have. I just hope I can find a fix other then trying that.

1 Like

Ah, I guess I’ll give that a try. Also having an issue getting the trigger to limit acceleration/braking in the OLED display, which is confusing because the trigger function works when booting into the settings, so I imagine my soldering connections are sound.

1 Like