Simple 3D-printed NRF remote - Arduino controlled

Has anyone tried letting 2 Fireflies connect to a a single receiver? So like one board can be used with any firefly with a specific address?

Why using arduino 5V plus a step up converter instead of using an arduino 3.3V and connect everything directly on the remote?

I asked @solidgeek and that isnā€™t going to work out of the box. Should be possible with some upgrading or tweaking as Heā€™s told me.

I know the hall sensor needs 5V to operate, and I think the arduino needs it too, so the battery voltage needs to be boosted at the beginning.

I tried to use the SS39ET Hall sensor and the 8MHZ crystal to successfully make the remote control work in 3.3v.

The only reason why I choose 5V instead of 3.3V back when I made the remote, was that the Hall sensor (SS495) didnā€™t work with 3.3V. You can definitly make it run on 3.3V, you just need to find a appropiate hall sensor :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is the new firmware for the VESC 6.xx that you were having problem with? or VESC 4.xx. I use VESC 4.xx and have no issue with a new firmware. (I use Ackmaniac firmware)

The new receiver software (and the new library) works for any VESC as long as it is updated to the newest firmware (FW3.40). The newest firmware for VESC 6 and 4.xx broke the old UART library.

Thereā€™s plenty halls sensors which work with 3.3v or lower, and thereā€™s 3.3v arduinos.

Right, I just mean that the original design called for it because some of the components required it. Thereā€™s lot of ways to build this thing. Iā€™ve got one where the boost converted and USB charger are all in one, to keep it a bit simpler.

1 Like

I found that after changing the new serial protocol, the throttle response slowed down. My V4ā€™s FW is 3.40. The library is up to date. Only I have this problem? My previous library didnā€™t have this problem. Can anyone help me solve this problem?

I will have a look into this, however I havenā€™t experienced it. Maybe the updated UART protocal uses a sligthly longer time to process the data. I will make some measurements :slight_smile:

I donā€™t know if it is my own problem. Because I modified the code, I added a lot of features. I also deleted the cruise code of the receiver. I have no problem using the previous library in FW3.38.

why 8Mhz crystal?

You canā€™t reliably run an Atmega328p supplied by 3.3V at 16Mhz. You would basically be overclocking the microcontroller.

2 Likes

Is it possible to get the STEP files from the inner plate where the arduinio is mounted? I want to modify it for my purposesā€¦ I know, I just could redraw it, but get the original file would make it much easier. Its only because i bought a different sent/reciver https://www.ebay.de/itm/5x-NRF24L01-2-4-GHz-Funkmodul-Transceiver-Sender-EmpfƤnger-Arduino-Raspberry-Pi/162887194799?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Thanks! Awesome build. I will build one and will definitely do a donation!

Glad you like the remote, and yes of course. Donā€™t know why I havenā€™t uploaded them someplace yet. I will drop you a PM with a link to the file :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks! It helped a lot!

Hey @solidgeek could you PM the STEP files for me to please? I need to add a few holes for buttons

Just waiting to all the parts to arrive to assemble it

Thanks

Is there any reason why u use the 5V (Out/Input) to power the Arduino instead of the VIN?

1 Like