Certified FOCBOX Suppliers | Focbox Unity 4 Day Sale

Simple 3D-printed NRF remote - Arduino controlled

electronics
remote
3d

Thanks for the info. Do you have a link to the 4- or 5-pin breakouts that would work? I don’t think I’m using the right search terminology and all I’m coming up with are basic ones like these. I imagine I’m looking for something with a male micro USB end on it?

These are the ones sofu used: https://www.amazon.com/Micro-Male-5-Pin-Solder-Connector/dp/B00OK8ELNA/ref=pd_sbs_147_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00OK8ELNA&pd_rd_r=TRC6K560GY88YB8JY6BH&pd_rd_w=QR00U&pd_rd_wg=Zeeqp&psc=1&refRID=TRC6K560GY88YB8JY6BH

They only need 2 wire apparently. I’m not gonna link mine since this appears way easier than dealing with my 3 wire solution

Hey @solidgeek, can I make remotes and sell them on the forum?

Finally I can start. Now I just need to find the time :laughing: Really curious to see how it goes.

Hey everyone, I got the usb type C female port and it works fine. As you can see in I should be able to shave off half the board and solder directly to the G and than to the V spot to get the 4.74V

Now if I really wanted to I could attempt to solder onto the tiny pins to really minimize the size but we’ll see

Question, when I try to uploadthe trasmitter.ino file I get this error
Arduino: 1.8.5 (Windows 7), TD: 1.41, Board: “Arduino Nano, ATmega328P”

C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\ESkate\FireFly Remote\nRF24-Esk8-Remote-development\transmitter\transmitter.ino:15:21: fatal error: U8g2lib.h: No such file or directory

#include <U8g2lib.h>

^

compilation terminated.

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino Nano.

It seems the U8g2lib.h library is missing. Do you know how to solve it?
Moreover in this sketch I do not see the raw where @SeeTheBridges advices to change the pipe sequence. Is It automatic now?
Thx

You have to look for the libraries of the LCD in the ide, and yes now the pipe address you can change it in settings

Thx, I checked in IDE in manage libraries but I do not find it. Do you know what to search?

EDIT: I found U8g2 from Oliver for monocrome display, is it the right one?

Search ‘U8G2’. Be sure the change ‘type’ to ALL rather than ‘updateable’:

The pipe is on line 126 in my code:

Yeah! :slight_smile: 10 chars

I download the one from Oliver, I hope it is correct. Now it asks for the RF24.h one
Which one is it?

OK the U8g2 is correct, nice

I installed the RF24 library from TMRh20 I hope it is correct. Then the upload succeed, although I got the message
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Arduino\libraries\VescUartControl-master\VescUart.cpp: In function ‘int PackSendPayload(uint8_t*, int)’:

C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Arduino\libraries\VescUartControl-master\VescUart.cpp:139:21: warning: converting to non-pointer type ‘uint8_t {aka unsigned char}’ from NULL [-Wconversion-null]

messageSend[count] = NULL;

^

Something wrong?

I think I got that same error. I just ignored it. But maybe someone here w/ more arduino knowledge can explain it

They are just warnings, you don’t have to worry about them too much.

You can tell its a warning because of the little text in brackets at the end, [-Wconversion-null]. That means whatever code came before it triggered that warning. All warnings start with -W.

@clistpdx @halfbro thx guys! And what about the RF24 library. Did I install the correct one?

I don’t have access to my arduino stuff right now because I’m at work, but I can look tonight.

Many Thx! 10ch

It looks really good! Although I am not totally sure about the the shape, I like the wheel but the whole remote it’s a bit too long for my taste. Maybe is because I am use to the Nano-X. I may design a new enclosure for it.

Edit: First ride went fine! This thing is really nice… I will build more in next weeks, I have part left anyway :grin:

Yeah it was Solidgeeks guide. Got my parts, so gonna follow your video and see where I get. Thanks for the videos and all the research.

First time posting here, just wanna say that @solidgeek has done an awesome job.

I started my own design the other day also modelled after the boosted board but a bit more basic than this. (Simple PWM/PPM, no feedback from the VESC) all on one board.

If anyone is interested I can share my schematic/PCB files (done in Eagle) once I’m finished. I’m hoping to design the board so that it fits in the same housing without modifying the actual mechanical design.