Simple 3D-printed NRF remote - Arduino controlled

Okay thanks. This could cause my connection failure after 30sec - 1 min?

And i’m going to change the pipe when its all up and working. Wouldn’t like to run into one with similar pile address :wink:

1 Like

Would this work with the VESC 4?

@Boesila You have to learn a little more about C-programming that’s for sure :stuck_out_tongue:

You have to define the struct in the top of the receiver code as well (don’t know if you remembered), and then you should be able to read the content of the struct like so:

// Saves the data in the struct     
radio.read(&package, sizeof(package));

// Reads data from struct
if(package.light == 1){
}

@Mathieu Yes it works with VESC 4 as long as you use the right library from RollingGecko :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Out of curiosity, how are you doing up the lights? Relay from the receiver? Then how are the lights powered?

I ask because I too wanted to do something like this but I couldn’t figure out how to safely relay 10S down to something the LEDs might need…

Good price, but surely people would only need the shell printed for SLA?

You need a DC-DC converter (called BEC)… I bought this one:

It didn’t arrived jet, so I can not say if its working or not

1 Like

And a relay to turn on the converter?

@solidgeek. How is beta going?

That’s the plan :blush:

I wanna start building this but there isnt a schematic that i can find, has anyone successfully built this yet?

Yes myself and several others here I believe. You will need to sift through info on this page as well as solidgeeks wiki page to build it.

1 Like

Please summarize this topic when you decide to build it. For now there are 971 replies with an estimated read time of 107 minutes.

1 Like

Here is video of the cruise control on a dry run. It runs different when is loaded. I have forked the code on github you may find it under the development source.

4 Likes

I have written a build guide for my version of the remote, available here:

I have also started another thread on my version of the remote so as not to confuse people reading this post.

7 Likes

It would be really useful if someone could update the Wiki page to be more comprehensive and beginner friendly? I know it’s easier said than done but it would allow many more to make and test the remote! If not the wiki page then maybe a shared document? @solidgeek I really like the way @ervinelin wrote the guide to his version of the remote :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve been working on a video build guide for the last few months, so something till be going up by the end of the month! I just got my firefly back from the Pulse team bc they wanted to test it out while they were repairing my board. I can finally film my intros and outros now that I have it back

7 Likes

Perfect! Can’t wait to see it

I just want to thank you for your code snippet using the Servo library. This works much better than standard PWM from the Arduino. The throttle no longer cuts off at max or minimum throttle, which is very nice… I can’t believe I didn’t get this fixed a lot earlier, hopefully, no one has been injured while maxing out the throttle!

I have included this in the newest update to the development branch on my GitHub page. By using the new update the VESC has to remap the PPM pulse lengths via the VESC tool - however shouldn’t be a issue :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Honestly I’m quite surprised the standard PWM worked at all, but I’m glad it’s more reliable now :smiley:

3 Likes

Is done ;D

7 Likes