Simple 3D-printed NRF remote - Arduino controlled

@nikoli280 I second @solidgeek’s diagnosis of bad nrf24 if you’ve already check pipe #'s and wiring as @ervinelin mentioned.

Side note: with the popularity of this remote I would definitely suggest using a unique “pipe #” so when you go to “meet ups” or “events” like http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/2018-electric-skateboard-convention-esk8con2018/18866/1 , you won’t have 20+ people controlling your board.

I have tested with no better result. I have talked to Solidgeek and he will look at it. Lucky we live in the same small country.

Could be the nrf24 module as you can see in my batch of modules one is odd. This could just be that the third is using another chip or something that dosent require the other compoments. Havent tested the odd one yet.

1 Like

The arduino nano DOES NOT have a good 3v source for running nrf24.

Hey is there a definite list of everything that needs to be ordered? I started looking at the top of the thread and found the linked sheets doc, but I didn’t know if this has been updated as better components were found or not.

I’m planning on looking at building @ervinelin version but I’d assume that they are mostly the same parts. Just looking for your know working config. I can modify the code to suit my additions.

Thanks Bsancken

Good point! Already have the Arduino, there is a solution for that? Thanks in advance

A capacitor between vcc and gnd will smooth out the crappy power

Thanks for the quick reply, because my lack of knowledge, capacitor is a electrolytic condensator? Mind you to give the values of this component, I will try to find it.

Just use a 220uf cap and you should be golden.

2 Likes

@ervinelin Awesome! Sounds weird, did you check your VESCs error log?

@Scoo_B_SK8 Thanks mate :stuck_out_tongue:

@Boesila I have been looking into the possibility to add a reverse function, however, I am not yet sure how to implement it. It will not be added to the next release :slight_smile:

@Scoo_B_SK8 I have added a function to generate a unique address for each remote in the newest beta-build. Will be releasing the code soon!

@bsancken I believe the sheets document is updated with the newest parts.

@Surfer As long as you add a capacitor or use the Arduino Nano I recommend (with builtin 3.3V voltage regulator) it should not be a problem

3 Likes

I think Nano V3 ATmega328 is out of stock on aliexpress

I thought the remote can go reverse simply by letting go and triggering back via VESC-TOOL settings. Unless you mean a reverse function similar to pressing a button like the Winning V2?

@solidgeek any chance of getting source files for the remote case? I’m about to start remodeling it, i rather i didn’t have to.

Bleh, I’ve been trying to make this amazing thing for like months. But I can’t solder for crap :stuck_out_tongue:

Join the club, but all it takes is correct techniques and certain equipment from the youtube videos I have seen

Just a good soldering iron, lead solder and flux, thats it

the right “tip” makes all difference

I think I need better wires, and a heat controlled soldering iron. But I’m not able to get a new soldering iron atm

Honestly I’ve tried using flux and it’s never made it any easier. Plain old 60/40 rosin core solder and a 350-400° iron is all you need in most cases.

Depends on the flux you’re usin, rosin core is filled with rosin flux, that’s why it solders nicely.