Simple 3D-printed NRF remote - Arduino controlled

@ solidgeek Thx for the anwser.No Problem i can wait and i hope i can help at the next batch. :slight_smile:

Well I think the Led’s are unnecessary if everything is presented on the screen. @solidgeek Count me in for the next batch :+1:

sorry, does anyone have the libraries and codes used to program the receiver and transmitter? is it easy to program everything? I want to build a glove-shaped transmitter

Do you know how to program? If not, programming it will not be easy.

I`m at the basic level

I have been looking at a way to implement PPM cruise control. Any suggestions on that topic @wafflejock? I can only think of two ways to accomplish this.

First method: Setting speed value to current Hall-reading, if the trigger is pressed.

This way you can only cruise if you first use the throttle first, and the speed will not be constant if the load changes (assuming one is using current control).

Second method: Calculating a PPM value based on the eRPM (or current), if the trigger is pressed.

This way you will always be able to cruise by holding the trigger, however, it could be very dangerous if the PPM value isn’t calculated correctly. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. How do you accomplish this with your watt control @Ackmaniac.

Looking at the Transmitter Sketch Code if anyone is interested in seeing the graphics images being displayed on the OLED, GIMP allows you to take an XBM file with the Char values and load the images into GIMP for viewing. I did this for "static unsigned char u8g_logo_bits ", “static unsigned char wifi_bits”,static unsigned char wifi_nosignal_bits,static unsigned char wifi_transmitting_bits. I will attach a screenshot for those. At least it gives you an idea of what some of the values mean to those who are not good at programming or so. Still waiting for my hardware to arrive from China to finish my remote. Other then that messing around with the code to get a feel for things.

1 Like

Hi @solidgeek, I love your work with the remote design! I’ve been following this thread for quite a while now but just don’t remember if anyone talked about the questions I have so in advance, sorry if you have already answered these:

Why don’t you consider putting a bigger OLED screen? Would it fit?

Why are you using a hall sensor for the dead man’s switch when you can just you a button like this:

Have you considered a button for changing mode, and what’s shown on the OLED.

Thanks for your effort on trying to help the community!!

Another question. Are you trying to implement the new features people requested and implement that inte betas or are you building and realizing betas soon and then upgrading firmware etc

He’s not using a hall sensor for the switch, its just a normal 4 pin switch.

2 Likes

Does anyone know if these receivers will also work?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-x-2-4-GHz-Wireless-Transceiver-Module-NRF24L01-/182551182042

I don’t know much about this stuff, but I can solder it all together if I know what to buy :slight_smile:

Can you make a complete diy video, not all can get the remote at same time, it would be very helpful.

You are already working on beta remotes while making that you can shoot some clips , I can edit them for you

1 Like

@landonkun they should work, however I would highly recommend using the ones I have been using instead :slight_smile: check out my part list.

@vishal_tejwani I will try to make a video while producing the betas. I am almost done with the first, and I Hope to be done with all beta before next week :smile:

5 Likes

I see you added a lip to the case :thumbsup: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I’ve purchased double of all the parts, so assuming everything works when they arrive (in probably 2-3 months because China shipping to Canada is terrible), I might be able to build one extra controller to sell to someone at cost (if anyone wants).

what do I need to make the receiver for the board?

How much time will it take to make video? Both reciver and transmitter. You said the same in lastmonth too😅

I understood how to make remote read your github page,but didn’t understand the reciver part.

Also uts the codeongithubthe most updated version?

Here is an interesting design of a remote I found on AliExpress.

Maybe a design of this sort could be made for a skateboard remote. Replace the buttons with a small insert of a display of some kind. Thinking about getting one and take it apart to see what I could come up with. What does everyone else think?