Simple 3D-printed NRF remote - Arduino controlled

Fusion 360

1 Like

Fantastic I was thinking of doing this myself but nice if I can just buy it somewhere :slight_smile: . Have my own trigger version here I just updated too if anyone prefers triggers https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1864536 I like it for riding with light gloves in the fall/winter but have to admit I still haven’t tried a wheel remote. I’ll probably grab one of those boards and update my code/design to work around it too thanks for sharing!

11 43 What am I doing wrong? I had no problem uploading the software for the transmitter. But when I try to upload the receiver I get: VescUart does not name a type. I include VescUartControl from RollingGecko in the script. Is it something Im missing? I am new to this Arduino:sweat::sweat::sweat: Hope someone can help me. I am very eager to make it work Thanks

hey guys, so I’m trying to build this remote with the bigger display mod, is there any code I need to change to accommodate for that and if so what? if anyone has code or just tips for the 128x64 OLED display it would be greatly appreciated!

Maybe you have installed wrong library? Download my VescUart library om github, https://github.com/SolidGeek/VescUart/tree/development and delete any other

There are several codes out with a bigger screen but different boards. The nano is just not that powerfull to run the code on a bigger screen with additional features.

or

for example

Shoot, I wish I would’ve known that before I ordered the parts, oh well haha

If you are looking to build a simple controller, with arduino is fine, cheap to replace and cost less for parts. But to run a bigger OLED are a few futuristic options are required more memo. which arduino is limited. I also have adafruit on hands. With a small 182x32 screen is enough room for indicators FETs temp and Voltage, Speed, Distance.

2 Likes

What has the picture to do with the remote? Fishing for compliments?

For a bigger screen you just need a more powerfull microcontroller. I just received a SAMD21 M0-Mini (Arduino compatible 32-bit microcontroller) through the mail, and if everything compiles/works reliable it would be a neat replacement for the nano as it has almost the same form-factor.

2 Likes

Comes with 256k is not bad to punch more code. :slight_smile: Having a cruise control + kick cruise mode, limit ERMP.

The main thing is to replace the eeprom with the flash storage. Check my code from the FeatherRemote to see how it works.

The rest works quite plug and play…

Quick question for receiver wiring in conbination with vanda vesc 4: Is it correct that I just need the RX and TX pins for communication (5V and GND not needed)? On this picture I drew how I would do the wiring. PPM signal in red, green and purple. RX and TX in black.

3 Likes

Yes. U can use the 5v and ground from the PPM or the UART port. Doesn’t matter. Is the same regulator.

3 Likes

Yes, or u can just use a ppm pin and connect other power pins to UART pins. that is my preference to keep organizing all the wires 51089071_1253315748149449_2354312273494802432_n

1 Like

Thanks solidgeek. Now I was able to install the reciver. And it bind to the remote without any problem. Thanks for a fantastic remote. Keep ut the good work :+1:

1 Like

Can someone help me? I just ordered the all the stuff i need to build this remote. But how do I connect the receiver to the ECS?

PLUS - PLUS
MINUS - MINUS
TX - RX
RX - TX
PPM - PPM

10 char

3 Likes

Then i kind of have a problem i can only find a GND, W, V, U, 5V

I have this esc https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dual-motors-longboard-skateboard-controller-with-remote-ESC-Substitute/302812941839?hash=item46810ece0f:m:mEjYlp9id5UtRAwhPmlchiw

This esc won’t work. It’s proprietary. This remote is only compatible with vesc’s.