Simple 3D-printed NRF remote - Arduino controlled

:no_mouth:

Was the wiring wrong?

No. You just had to hold down the dead man switch

ohh i see. But how come you could control the battery then?

The battery wasnā€™t connected. It got power from my computer via usb.

Connected the battery and now everything is working like it should.

Ahh okay :+1:

I think I have seen this in a previous post, but finding stuff is a little overwhelming sometimes, Does this board effectively replace the battery charge board and boost board in the design? Has anyone used something similar?

Onyehn 5Pcs 5V Boost Step Up Power Supply Module Lithium Battery Charge Protection Board 134N3P DIY Charger LED Display USB and Micro Port 5 Pack

Yeah it should work, however I have not tried it myself. The only thing that I dont like is that the 5V regulator is always on (draining the battery), unless you cut the battery power directly, making it impossible to charge unless the remote is turned on.

I have seen some new charging boards lately that is a lot smaller than the old I used. https://www.seeedstudio.io/Li-Po-Battery-Charger-p-2656.html

2 Likes

@solidgeek and to all. Arduino nano intrgated with rf24. :slight_smile: will make this more compact and easier to work with.

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/K7yU42H

4 Likes

Im looking at building this project for a school project! I was just wondering if there is any turuorials or help for actually connecting the remote to the board i cant seem to find any. And is there anyone selling this remote ?

Cheers

@Zyb is selling the remote:)

will I need to change something in the code for it to work?

Thanks @solidgeek for the design and help and @SeeTheBridges for the awesome videos. I have built the electronics and printed the parts and am hopefully in the final stages of assembling. I have a few of questions: How do you afix the hall sensor, hot glue? It does not seem to hold with the recess in the 3D print. For a unique address, from what I have read, I need to change the existing in both the remote and receiver and I need to clear the eprom before uploading the new code? Are there any restrictions on the address, or can I just change a few of the digits? For the kill switch, is the spring force provided by the limit switch? It seems to stick sometimes, but I may just need to clean up my print a little more. Has anyone added an lubricant to the parts to make it smoother?

I added some bearingsā€¦ smooth as hell

But I have to modifie the printsā€¦

1 Like

I am not sure. I havent get a hand on it yet.

this was i have been working on before. a new printed controller. when I get back home i will order that new arduino nano with integrated with rf24.IMG_20190321_124543

2 Likes

Hey @hanyelkomy, Did you get a response on your question about:

ā€¦flipsky dual 6.6 controller and have followed all your instruction but no real date. Another thing it will be really great if u can some how add speed control in the remote code, like slow, med and fastā€¦ is that possible ?

I am interested in trying the flipsky dual 6.6 but was not sure if there were communicability issues with the firefly remote. Thanks

Let me know how it goes. I really like the bottom designā€¦ If I could fit the Same remote inside that design that would be great

Iā€™m remodeling the remote to change somethings and add some buttons (lights and turnlights) and maybe cruise control. Iā€™m doing it in Solidworks.

I havenā€™t finished it yet, but iā€™m in it :slight_smile:

What software are you using for modeling?

1 Like

no the bottom one is not my design. this is from Nano adafruit controller. The middle one is mine