Simple 3D-printed NRF remote - Arduino controlled

@solidgeek and to all. Arduino nano intrgated with rf24. :slight_smile: will make this more compact and easier to work with.

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/K7yU42H

4 Likes

Im looking at building this project for a school project! I was just wondering if there is any turuorials or help for actually connecting the remote to the board i cant seem to find any. And is there anyone selling this remote ?

Cheers

@Zyb is selling the remote:)

will I need to change something in the code for it to work?

Thanks @solidgeek for the design and help and @SeeTheBridges for the awesome videos. I have built the electronics and printed the parts and am hopefully in the final stages of assembling. I have a few of questions: How do you afix the hall sensor, hot glue? It does not seem to hold with the recess in the 3D print. For a unique address, from what I have read, I need to change the existing in both the remote and receiver and I need to clear the eprom before uploading the new code? Are there any restrictions on the address, or can I just change a few of the digits? For the kill switch, is the spring force provided by the limit switch? It seems to stick sometimes, but I may just need to clean up my print a little more. Has anyone added an lubricant to the parts to make it smoother?

I added some bearings… smooth as hell

But I have to modifie the prints…

1 Like

I am not sure. I havent get a hand on it yet.

this was i have been working on before. a new printed controller. when I get back home i will order that new arduino nano with integrated with rf24.IMG_20190321_124543

2 Likes

Hey @hanyelkomy, Did you get a response on your question about:

…flipsky dual 6.6 controller and have followed all your instruction but no real date. Another thing it will be really great if u can some how add speed control in the remote code, like slow, med and fast… is that possible ?

I am interested in trying the flipsky dual 6.6 but was not sure if there were communicability issues with the firefly remote. Thanks

Let me know how it goes. I really like the bottom design… If I could fit the Same remote inside that design that would be great

I’m remodeling the remote to change somethings and add some buttons (lights and turnlights) and maybe cruise control. I’m doing it in Solidworks.

I haven’t finished it yet, but i’m in it :slight_smile:

What software are you using for modeling?

1 Like

no the bottom one is not my design. this is from Nano adafruit controller. The middle one is mine

Fusion 360

1 Like

Fantastic I was thinking of doing this myself but nice if I can just buy it somewhere :slight_smile: . Have my own trigger version here I just updated too if anyone prefers triggers https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1864536 I like it for riding with light gloves in the fall/winter but have to admit I still haven’t tried a wheel remote. I’ll probably grab one of those boards and update my code/design to work around it too thanks for sharing!

11 43 What am I doing wrong? I had no problem uploading the software for the transmitter. But when I try to upload the receiver I get: VescUart does not name a type. I include VescUartControl from RollingGecko in the script. Is it something Im missing? I am new to this Arduino:sweat::sweat::sweat: Hope someone can help me. I am very eager to make it work Thanks

hey guys, so I’m trying to build this remote with the bigger display mod, is there any code I need to change to accommodate for that and if so what? if anyone has code or just tips for the 128x64 OLED display it would be greatly appreciated!

Maybe you have installed wrong library? Download my VescUart library om github, https://github.com/SolidGeek/VescUart/tree/development and delete any other

There are several codes out with a bigger screen but different boards. The nano is just not that powerfull to run the code on a bigger screen with additional features.

or

for example

Shoot, I wish I would’ve known that before I ordered the parts, oh well haha

If you are looking to build a simple controller, with arduino is fine, cheap to replace and cost less for parts. But to run a bigger OLED are a few futuristic options are required more memo. which arduino is limited. I also have adafruit on hands. With a small 182x32 screen is enough room for indicators FETs temp and Voltage, Speed, Distance.

2 Likes