Simple 3D-printed NRF remote - Arduino controlled

Just finished my first firefly remote sobi want to thank solidgeek for all the files and the know how and special thx to seethebridges and of course to this great forum. I followed your how to vids on youtube got the remote running on the 1st try (still have to make the receiver and the final settings so im looking forward for the last vieo :grin:) Are there any instructions how to set up the remote in the remote settings? Really like the remote so far i sprayed it with plast dip to make it more grippy and it fits soo good to my board IMG_5790 IMG_5566

3 Likes

perfect match :wink:

hmm, a new antenna and linear regs installed on tx and rx and the dropouts are gone, but i’m still having an unusual failure where the throttle locks up for a few seconds randomly

I’ve remixed the top part of the remote with a larger screen for people who were interested.

Remote Top With Larger Screen

Just uploaded .stl files and code to GitHub:

There is no settings menu yet, all parameters are in the code. It’s also smaller, so please print it before ordering electronic components.

IMG_20181030_235402

Just got RFM69HCW transceiver (~$2), will try to use it with Arduino Nano to make receiver cheaper. Also ordered TIGO LoRa32 board.

4 Likes

Thanks… what’s about your times?

Cycle time Display refresh time Transmission time… Worst case cycle time over 15 minutes or something…

That’s super important.

So ive got some MCP chips on hand now. I dont have the PCB for the reciever, what pins should i connect to the chip.

I can do, If you’re still interested.

I like your design, (bit like the other micro remotes from china) I’m thinking of going with one of these boards (esp32 + sx1278) from alixpress (also available with mounted oled), imo the feathers from adafruit are a bit to expensive at 25$,

Please see my post. I’ll update STL files to accommodate esp32 board after testing, it’s almost the same size.

Does anyone have a vector file for the firefly logo used in this rendering?

I want to engrave my scream logo on a wood and aluminium version of this remote, but I’d feel better about doing that if it had the firefly logo as well to pay homage.

i got it as DXF… if it helps

1 Like

Yeah that’d be cool. Just any graphic file I can work with.

Give me your email… i cannot upload DXF here

Best way is sharing a dropbox/GDrive (or any cloud) link. That way you share it only once and everyone can acces it :wink:

I’m using the latest development code from github but my remote won’t bind with the receiver? What can go wrong? I checked the soldering and it all looks great.

I had the same symptoms and found that it was interference that the transmitter was receiving from other components in the remote. I solved it by masking everything but the antenna with copper tape, and also soldering a 3 inch wire antenna to the ends of the ceramic antenna. If you place your finger on the ceramic antenna do you temporarily get a connection? I would, which is how I diagnosed the issue.

I’ll try Thanks!!!

That sounds so scary :rofl:

@SynteX make sure u have on both devices the same ADDRESS set… AND MAKE IT UNIQUE PLEASE

Both are running stock development branche gor test mode. Also i can’t find any adress variable anymore.