Show us your workshop!

his happened over the weekend…

I was waiting for some stain to dry on @barajabali 's deck and decided the shop needed some graffiti.

10 Likes

Hahaha, that’s awesome…

Our mancave as we indeed call it (females are generally encouraged to stay away from this place) consists of two office spaces I rent in a larger building. One is mainly focused on “dirty” mechanical work whilst the other is for the “cleaner” work.

Room 1:

An overwiew of the first room showing our other passion -> Drone racing, we designed our own frame + electronics. Floor polluting machines. The food and charging corner… (primitive balancing charger for now, will be upgraded very soon ^^). OCD applied to all the project (every project has its own project box). For the mechanical engineer (my brother).

Room 2:

Coffee + food corner. And of course another pile of project boxxes. Some toughts on designing an althernative high current ( 150A continous 80V) VESC, this is the general layout / current flow. Some testing stuff ( power supply, solar array simulator E4350, DC load and lab power supply). Action shot of me assembling a few prototypes.

11 Likes

My bedroom workspace:

Board in it’s pride of place, obviously.

If you look closely, a 3D printer is in the works. Should be finished in a week or two. Will be great for prototyping of various things. I’m building a Prusa I3.

Also going to build a nice adjustable 60V 10A bench supply. A nice vice is also on the list.

I have a whole lot of other tools at my parents place out in the country like a router table, table saw and drill press. Don’t have a garage in my city flat so this has to do.

The CAD station (also in the bedroom):

The parts where the magic happens aren’t shown to protect the privacy of other individual that is currently in them.

Fortunately it doesn’t complain about the bedroom workstation, as I’ve also installed a make up station. So all is well.

This is what keeps the other half happy:

Everyone’s entitled to their fascination.

5 Likes

Lol bro you need a girlfriend

4 Likes

Hell no you think a girl would let that shit go down?? Haha

6 Likes

I suppose not…forget I said anything

1 Like

Haha. @barajabali and @Michaelinvegas, you seem to have missed a detail. I have a girlfriend and that last photo is the make-up station I ‘made’ for her. She’s kept entertained. But she does put up with my shit.

1 Like

oh we just thought, you know… we dont judge

10 Likes

Bwhahaha well said @delta_19

20 20 SUCKs

1 Like

You have a circular saw on your top shelf. I hope this fact doesn’t become SUDDENLY RELEVANT to you later on, like, if you’re drilling something on that corner and looking down. Nice bench though, I’m doing workshop yoga still.

1 Like

Finally I got some workshop space!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbXwM3AOVRc

5 Likes

Niccccccce…

You need an arcade game or fooze ball table for sure mate

1 Like

Yeah i have a MAME box that id love to cabinet up one day. And a mate has a foosball table in storage somewhere…

1 Like

8 Likes

Look at you with your bad ass man caves. At least I have flowers and a stool (with hole for :baseball: :baseball: ).

We have 42m^2 apartment (thats 452 square feet for our metrically challenged friends)

5 Likes

My shop as of now, I’ve gone though a lot of redesigns but this is something im happy with. Say hello to my little puffer.

6 Likes

I just browsed through all of these pics and I’m really Jealous of all of these spaces!

Though, I don’t really have to walk anywhere to reach anything now haha.

4 Likes

Ha we have something else in common.

5 Likes

tht is a beautiful tank my friend. Ill be bumping up to a 40 or 60 gallon soon.

2 Likes