Show me your pets

But you just get any other breed and just not deal with any of that. There is no ROI for all the risk.

Ok, but you could just as easily say go get a powered bike instead in esk8. It’s about personal desire and compatibility.

2 Likes

i got flamed . lol

1 Like

i freaking love pitbullllssssssssssssssssss. :heart_eyes::heart_eyes: k u got that! i begged my parents to get a pitbull, but then saw maltipoos and was fine with getting a maltipoo. i won’t tell u to shut up from now on!

But you’re not understanding my point. It ISN’T the breed. You had bad experiences with one of them. You mentioned two, but I don’t think the not crossing the street really counts but I dunno. It is that and the bad stigma that is affecting your opinion on it. The breed isn’t the issue. It’s the owners that is the issue. The fucktard of an owner is to blame. I don’t understand why at no point in your rant on pit bulls you said anything about the owner because HE is to blame. Not the dog.

My neighbor dog drives me insane sometimes. Anytime I’m in my backyard, the little fucker barks at me and my dogs. Nonstop. It is really annoying. Do I hate the dog? No. It is the owner that I’m actually annoyed at. They decided to get a dog and basically starve it of attention. That is why he barks at everything. I don’t understand why you just won’t accept that. I get that you had bad experiences with a particular breed but it isn’t the breed dude. I’m sure you have fallen off your skateboard many times. Other than the fact that it is your sole transportation and you don’t have much of a choice. You wouldn’t let one fall stop you from continue riding.

1 Like

I hear what you said, but I think you’re trying to make excuses to try to find a reason to keep dangerous dogs when you could have it better by just having other kinds of dogs. It’s not complicated. There’s no ROI for that when there are so many other kinds of dogs.

They are no more dangerous than a chihuahua, chow chow, dobermann, german shepard, rottweiler, great dane, or literally any other goddamn breed of dog. You have stated you lived in a bad area, which assumes the point that you have not so great people that inhabit there. Why would they make good pet owners? The answer is because they don’t. Obviously it isn’t everyone. I’m not making excuses, I’m just fed up with the fact you had to protect yourself with one bad pitt and now that is the poster dog for all of them. Any incident that involved a little rat dog biting another person or a giant dane is because of nurture, not nature.

May potentially be biased but this is literally the first thing I Googled. Gives some examples of why the bad rep if you care to read.

You know what, fuck it. I know you don’t like Google. I used the same exact search but in DuckDuckGo.

2 Likes

u just crossed a line. do u wanna put pitbulls out of the world? cause if u do, u crossed a line and i won’t shut up.

@b264 there are no bad dogs, only bad dog owners. consider maybe the area you’re in has shit dog owners.

i’ve ONLY met nothing but completely sweet pitties and they’re one of the most common dogs in my area.

sorry dood, but you’re simply wrong on this one.

7 Likes

image%20(1)

It can’t just be bad owners. Bad pitbull owners don’t outnumber the amount of bad owners of all other breeds combined. Use logic people.

Pits are barely in the top 100 of most commonly owned dog breeds in the US. Do 60% of all bad dog owners only own 3% of the dog population?

I don’t have a dog in this fight btw, I just don’t feel like the numbers add up.

4 Likes

I’ve had a chance to think about this some more. Let’s just say they do have the same likelihood to attack as every other dog. Is their tendency to grip and not let go taught or is it an innate characteristic of the breed? To say a chihuahua and a pitbull are equally dangerous is disingenuous and quite frankly, laughable.

1 Like

It’s an excuse designed to deflect attention and “create” some sort of controversy and it’s not even worthy of a rebuttal. I know they are dangerous and I will vote to ban them if it comes to me on a ballot. And I don’t vote to ban anything. Not pot, not esk8, not anything, except those. Because those are dangerous to people around you.

2 Likes

I’d be curious to see how those wanting to ban firearms would vote in regards to banning pitbulls.

1 Like

Pitbulls were actually bred for the sport of bull baiting and bear baiting just like the bulldog. Those the reason for the bulldogs wrinkles as they would keep the blood away from the eyes.

1 Like

My little bull killer… :slight_smile:

IMG_20181221_182639

11 Likes

Just to say, I’ve known plenty of people who adopted pitbulls, and some were used in dog fights, and they were complete goobers. Wouldn’t hurt a fly. But they knew what they were doing when they adopted the dogs and were prepared to take the time to work with the dogs, because they knew they needed to else the dogs could end up being vicious. And on another spectrum, I’ve also known good people who adopted pitbulls, didn’t bother making time to actually work with them, and holy sh*t did those dogs end up being mean as hell. Not towards people mind you, but towards other dogs. Would completely rip apart other dogs (a few incidents already occurred).

Animals are a responsibility, and because a lot of people think they aren’t living beings but instead some sort of toy or trophy, don’t take proper care of them. Those people shouldn’t be adopting any animal period.

In my experiences, the dog I’ve had mostly bad experiences with are freaking Chow Chows.

3 Likes

My uncle had a Chow Chow it was actually bigger then the recognized sizes but was purebred and we was a great dog and would protect you when push came to shove. He actually protected me when a chessie retriever came after me when I was taking the Chow for a walk. Now that same Chow did nip me and my cousins a few times but because we were playing and running around with him and we stop to take a breath and the dog was still wanting to play. Scared us at first and made us cry but no harm or injuries.

That is a very aggressive stance.

1 Like

Pit bulls are the number one dog used in dog fights. So yes the scales are going to be tipped against them. If you can’t comprehend and understand that … :man_shrugging:

Nippy is no problem, but I’ve been cornered by Chow Chows. If my recollection is right, they are also a trickier breed to work with and if not done properly, can turn out pretty bitey.

Thing I really don’t like is when owners don’t freaking watch their dogs when they set them loose. Especially when they know they aren’t trained or have poor temperaments. I use to go for very early morning runs but stopped after being chased, attacked, cornered, etc by dogs who were let out of their house to go for a morning wee and the owners decided they wanted to go back to sleep instead of keeping an eye on their dogs, and lock the dogs out of the house.