Shit me I did a fuck. How fix?

I use a 40ton shop press when shit did a fuck it always unfucks it.

9 Likes

@Arzamenable lol - this is totally true!

Also, we now have “Shit me I did a fuck!” as the universal way to say “I screwed up!” someone put that on a tee-shirt!

7 Likes

2 words:

Angle grinder

8 Likes

In fact I did losen it like that. That’s the last one the pattern

Then incorrect size of the screwdriver that you had used?

Or cheap loctite that says removable on the bottle but it’s some permament stuff?

The philips head bolt has plenty of space left to torque on i promise. Im assuming you used red-loctite on these bolts? If so, heat them up with a heat gun/hair dryer/torch as hot as you can(obviously not red hot if u use the torch).

Then use one of these cheap impact screwdrivers to get the philips head bolt out: tekton-multi-bit-screwdrivers-2905-64_1000 (https://www.homedepot.com/p/TEKTON-3-8-in-Drive-Impact-Screwdriver-Set-7-Piece-2905/205674679?cm_mmc=Shopping|G|Base|D25T|25-1_HAND+TOOLS|NA|PLA|71700000034127224|58700003933021546|92700031755124838&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5Y_VsIjf4QIVkvhkCh355Q14EAQYASABEgLOC_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds)

As for the grub screw, I would just get a drill bit and drill it out.

1 Like

The philip screw has blue loctite on it (3 screws that I removed).

Damn I don’t want to ruin the pulley :confused:

I think with a different Philips head and some type of impact you can get it out. If all else fails cut a flat head slot into the head of the bolt with a cutting wheel.

if you are careful you can drill out the grub screw one size bigger and then re-thread it to the next size up. But IMO pulleys are cheap, depends how much your time is worth to you.

Try using torx instead, sometimes they can grab rounded hex head.

2 Likes

Same…had one stuck once…only way out was an angle grinder =/ 1008181233_HDR 1008181233a_HDR

Oh man sad. Why didn’t you choose less destructive ways?

this was the ONLY way… luckily it was just a 50 dollar motor

That is totally reusable with 9mm belts

:smirk:

3 Likes

And Torx bolts are the seasoned pro choice peoples

Get a slightly larger torx bit or similar and knock in with a hammer and a bit of loctite and wait a bit (it works also without loctite). Then you ignite your pulley 1-2 minutes on the screw with a lighter. Then try very slowly and with feeling to loosen the screw. Always worked for me.

If not just drill a hole and drill a new thread if there is no second screw. Its not to big of a problem :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Have anyone mentioned super glue and baking powder yet? Take a flat screwdriver that fits the screw tightly. Add super glue and b.powder. let cure for a couple and minutes and remove the screw.

1 Like

I’d much prefer JB Weld 8265-S

1 Like

What I have done to solve this problem with a striped set screw is to drill out the set screw with the drill size used prior to threading. Drilling down to the shaft until the pulley comes loose. I have also used a similar method to remove a striped Philips screw head. Drilling till the head comes off. Then either remove what’s left of the screw with pliers or drilling it and re-threading the hole. These methods works best if you have a drill press and a vise or at least a vise to hold the pulley steady.

What size is the set screw and Philips screw?

5 Likes

Get a very high quality drill bit that goes inside the stripped grub screw socket. Get some light oil and fill the hole then drill it slowly while its secured in a vice or clamps dead vertical. It will take you ages but once the centre is gone your fuck will be un-shitted

I spat my coffee over this thread title

5 Likes

Who the hell got time to sit around waiting for jb weld to cure? :grin:

1 Like