Shit me I did a fuck. How fix?

Tried to unscrew the motors and pulley but I screwed up.

This one I’m able to remove the pulley, but the last screw won’t move, and I somewhat stripped it. image

This one, I can’t remove this set screw. I heated up like the other one but it doesn’t move. I think I stripped it too. Fuck me. image

Any solutions guys? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Edit: also I sprayed lubricant to the screws. Does that make it worse or better?
Edit 2: thanks a lot for your help guys. But the guy buying mine decided to save me some hassle by getting the whole drive train so I don’t have to remove the motors anymore. So I guess this thread serves as future reference for more shit up fuck with screws.

Glue a star wrench in the grub screw, might help. Regardless, the subject had me laughing out loud :slight_smile:.

22 Likes

What type of glue is good enough?

for the top one probably an impact screw driver used for removing screws from auto brake rotors… if youre US u might even be able to borrow one from auto zone.

3 Likes

ow man, i feel your pain…took me two days to remove a motor pulley witg the grub screw stuck.

this is what i had to do…last resort 20190419_175252

7 Likes

I’d slot a screwdriver in, glue it in place and then see if it works. If not I’d drill it out.

After that I would throw every single screw that isn’t a socket away.

6 Likes

What type of glue you recommend? What’s wrong with socket screws btw? Isn’t my pulley has a socket screw?

Sometimes superglue, almost allways epoxy.

They dont always work miracles, but sometimes they do.

21 Likes

sad topic…but as for @mmaner, the subject title made me lough…nearly spilled my coffee.

two ways that worked for me:

Step one: lubricant to get the screw somewhat unstuck.

Step two: either rubber band or the the tool (see below pictures)…

good luck :slight_smile:

1082x668_center-1 remove-a-stripped-or-broken-screw-tools-1

11 Likes

I think I’ll bring this fuck to Home Depot to see if they can help me. Unfortunately I don’t have many tools like you guys do :frowning:

Those screw removers never worked for me for some reason.

I like socket bolts. If they strip you can use a dremel to cut a slot for easy flathead removal.

2 Likes

yup, fully agree…socket bolts make things much easier in case of accidental fuck-up…the tool has saved my ass more than once though…

1 Like

As long as you’re using a good tool sockets are pretty bullet proof in my experience.

1 Like

Exactly. Sockets+wera hexes rarely produces stripped bolts.

And if you do manage to fuck one up, there is an easy removal solution.

2 Likes

I’ve been training my mouth for years. I can suck a bolt straight out every time.

5 Likes

I hit with a shock driver.

4 Likes

Neat!

I’d be afraid of a bent motor shaft or something worse.

Isnt the screw in my pulley a socket one? Edit: nvm I can’t distinguish between different types of screws/bolt.

2 Likes

I thought I was having a stroke reading this title lol

13 Likes