"Session Error" Movie + Q&A Panel Now Live

For those in the Michigan area - on Thursday September 15th, we’ll be screening my latest short documentary “Session Error: The Rise & Risk of Electric Skateboarding” followed by a Q&A. The event is FREE but please RSVP in the link below because seating is limited. We’ll also have a display area with our e-boards for the post screening mixer where the audience will be able to interact with the A2ESK8 crew and learn more about ESK8 and riding safely. I’m working on live streaming the event as well for those who can’t make it.

Synopsis On June 2, 2016, software engineer Robbie Small suffered a traumatic brain injury while riding an electric skateboard. This is his story.

“Session Error: The Rise & Risk of Electric Skateboarding” is a short documentary film that details the emerging popularity of high performance, electric skateboarding and the misconceptions about e-boarding risk and safety.

Total Running Time: 25 min. Produced by Rik Cordero & Robbie Small Directed, Shot & Edited by Rik Cordero Produced by Arbor Day Pictures & A2ESK8 Doors open at 6:00pm Screening begins at 7:00pm sharp followed by Q&A with the filmmakers Food and refreshments will be served

16 Likes

fuck i would love to attend this… so how else can we view this film?

4 Likes

Ditto. Can we request it via download or disc?

2 Likes

Tritto, would love to see this, but don’t live in Michigan.

2 Likes

Quadritto, don’t live in Michigan but would like to show this to a couple friends who don’t wear helmets.

1 Like

@RunPlayBack I’d love to see it as well!

1 Like

Quindito! need it up in vancouver canada too. it would do well up here.

2 Likes

How do us Aussies view this? Ive been reading the posts on your friend.

1 Like

Wait what comes after quindito? I want it in Europe…

1 Like

don’t worry guys he said that it would be posted online later on if I remember correctly.

1 Like

Sixdito???.. I will wait for the VHS copy. :smiley: Or

1 Like

This is awesome. Why did you chose a weekday to do this :frowning: I would drive 1 hr to attend this.

1 Like

I’ll probably launch the video at the same time as the screening then live stream the Q&A so if you guys have any questions you can send them via YouTube chat system.

1 Like

I was going to do it at Michigan Theater but they are under renovations. Weekday because it’s more cost effective. If I had to rent a theater on a weekend I’d have to charge for tickets. Keeping it free is ideal. Many of the people who are RSVP’ing have never been exposed to ESK8 before and we’re looking to partner up with a few local kid/teen organizations to give them some exposure to e-board safety. My goal is for the takeaway to be that ESK8 is thrilling as hell! Just be safe about it.

2 Likes

Here’s the trailer, hope you guys can attend!

5 Likes

Infiniditto. I definitely want to see this and I’m sure it will be a great film. Probably wouldn’t be a bad idea to make watching this movie or even a condensed version a prerequisite for joining the forum or buying a new board. Kind of like a mandatory public service announcement. Might feel kind of nanny statish, but obviously it’s not on a lot of people’s radars until someone gets hurt or dies.

1 Like

stream please

2 Likes

Yea - you’re a video guy so don’t need to be schooled on platforms, but you gotta put it on YT & Vimeo afterwards so it’s there for folks to see. My bro doesn’t esk8 but does snowboard and he refuses to wear helmet… Wanna show to him too.

1 Like

When does it go live on your website? NEED TO WATCH IT.

1 Like

This looks great, can’t wait till its released

1 Like