Semantics: eMTB is it a board or a bike?

This confusion is going on for ages now:

MTB = Mountainboard (My Trampa Board) ATB = All Terrain Board (Another Trampa Board) KLB = Kite Land Board (Keep Laughing Brother)

It’s established and the way it is.

Frank

6 Likes

Laughing already about MyTrampaBoard but AnotherTrampaBoard is even more funny… cheers :beers:

2 Likes

This one is for you Jens : Midlands Totty Booty

EMTB = East Midlands Totty Booster

Frank

3 Likes

Very nice too, more special one :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Looking forward to our tour around the river Trent…

Frank

1 Like

Yes me too, with some more boards it will be a blast to ride :yum:

1 Like

ATeSk8 (pronounced like it sounds: eight skate)

1 Like

e-ats electric all terrain skate

1 Like

Digging up an oldie that we never really got to the bottom of apart from some genius acronyms from @trampa :wink:

I’m gonna create a new build thread for my board but still have no idea whether it’s an e-MTB, eMTB, e-ATB etc etc…

I know it’s just a label but we’re literally creating a new sport here which is gonna get confused in searches between the other ‘e-’ sports which are cropping up.

Has there been any recent development in this space?

1 Like

So…am I the only one still searching eMTB on youtube and getting mountain bikes???

Sure, we can call these beasts by their full names to avoid search confusion but I reckon they’re worthy of their very own acronym! As the founders of this type of board/sport shouldn’t we agree on what to call it?

We can’t have eMTB - it was already taken! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

If it’s electric nobody needs mountains so it’s a NMTB (no mountain board) :laughing: or simple ETB (electric terrain board)

2 Likes

:blush: its why I tape e-MTBoard or e-MTBike cause I never know if it’s well understand :smile:

1 Like

I like the E-ATB

2 Likes

Look better yeah.

Same problem for me Dan :wink: (haha, plus I’m looking for an e-MTBike too ! Really confusing like you say) Dirtboard look like an other name for mountainboard too.

1 Like

Esk8 Street / Esk8 ATB

1 Like

I kinda like the one @zk8_builder came up with

eATS - electric all terrain skate/board eMTS - electric mountain skate/board

1 Like

eATsk8 = electric skateboard that eats mountains. Also, a lifestyle. Eat, skate, eat, skate, rinse, repeat.

1 Like

I love NMTB! Because you really don’t need a mountain - with a motor it’s no longer a mountainboard.

eATB is probably the most apt and obvious choice as it says exactly what it is. I gotta say I still like this the best.

I’m not the one to stand up and say let’s all start calling our creations under a different name, but I’d love to think as a community we have the power to do that. As the title of this post says it’s only ‘semantics’ and most people probably don’t care either way but for me it’s important just so that we can easily identify our sport through searches and ‘eATB’ isn’t really linked to anything yet and would make it easy to find all our content on YouTube.

So this came up again recently in a couple of posts eATB Progression and @rich’s DIRT MACHINE thread.

From reading this back through and what I think the majority agree with I’m switching to e-ATB from now on, as the mountainboarders have already adopted ATB (All Terrain Board) to get away from the MTB (Mountain Bike) crowd and whether it’s ‘eATB’ or ‘e-ATB’ i guess doesn’t really matter too much.

I’ve updated my videos on Youtube with ‘e-ATB’ which previously had eMTB in the title and searching that I couldn’t find any of my videos in the top viewed videos. However I’ve pretty much saturated it now just with this simple change:

Let’s own this new sport and give it a fitting name that hasn’t already been used!! I’m adopting this one from now on…

3 Likes

My Google results for e-atb

1 Like