Segmented Carbon Flex Enclosure for Trampa Urban Carver

They are all pre-cut, sorry.

Frank

Guys, my PayPal hate you.

I’m now getting a Trampa Urban Carver. I’ll make it 12S - lightest as possible and plan to go the freestyle way with it (e.g stairs/curbs). I’m looking now at the numbers of plies 14 or 15 (probably 15 as I’m gonna jump).

I’ll also get some Trama Infinity MTB hangers so I have more options to go with 8’ wheels for all terrain.

4 Likes

How much do you weight?, I went with the 14 plies, the MTB hangers are going to add weight, are you sure you want to go with them?

73kg - yeah or i will get my feet too close to the wheels - 8’

Thanks for the response.

Found some if anyone’s interested (looks like it’s the same anyway): http://www.discountmarinesupplies.com/Carpet_Floor_Covering-Lewmar_Treadmaster_Anti-Slip_Deck_Covering.html?gclid=CJjfz7a-1dMCFQKoaQodSN4Paw

Word is that this stuff’s supposed to make you stick to your board like shit on a blanket :joy: Thought it might look cool on the carvers to have the whole deck covered. Pricey stuff though…

And heavy…

@whitepony. What size heat shrink did you use to wrap the battery packs? I wanted to purchase some online but dont know the size

think i got 195mm shrink tube for double row 18650 packs (130 x 18mm), and 105mm shrink tube for single row 18650 cells (65 x 18mm).

2 Likes

Damn, yeah I didn’t think about weight. Just put the small strip I have here on a scale :neutral_face:

Would probably add well over a pound.

Ilove the build and how it came out i have the items needed to make one myself but i wanted to do two 10s4p batteries side by side with the pneumatic wheels i should have enough clearance still others dont recommend it that i should just make a 10s8p but i want individual sets but not sure on how it would be a downside? Any suggestions?@whitepony

you could copy my enclosure and give all segments double height :stuck_out_tongue:

in the official @trampa build thread, frank wants to build a 11S4P battery and if you check his enclosure, thats probably as much as you can distribute along the length of the board. if you want more, youll have to use a double layer 18650.

I still dont think 80cells is a good idea :stuck_out_tongue:

You could fit 12S2P in that box + 2xVesc 6. I just want a bit of space left to experiment with the VMS once Benjamin finds the time to make it happen.

Frank

What is a VMS?

that sounds like too few cells. i could fit 40 cells in my segments PLUS a large segment that has the volume for 2x vesc6 (just that I screwed it up with the large 5.5mm bullet connectors.

your 11S4P = 44 cells seemed very reasonable for a one piece box, maybe even 10S5P?

Sorry 12S4P… My fault.

Cheers, Frank

I updated the thread a bit:

4 Likes

I guess i was looking on a build for distance on pneumatics. Right now i have a board and the farthest i can go on a single charge is 3.5 miles with 175mm pneumatics and since i already have all the parts im looking to the batteries to provide the distance maybe 6 miles or 8

This Battery will get you 45Km far on street wheels and 30km on pneumatics.

Frank

I bought ZABI 175 tires. Unfortunately they are not the best, they are narrow (only 40mm), the maximum pressure is 30 bar and they look bad. ZABI 200 tires are excellent, unfortunately the smaller 175mm no longer.

I can upload pictures but I do not want to clutter your topic

Hey @whitepony I know I’m a bit late but where do the balance wires go + side - side or does it matter. Also where do they go on the 2s4p end - thanks

https://esk8content.nyc3.digitaloceanspaces.com/uploads/db2454/original/3X/d/0/d06aa5764874267939396d375a88316a11cd2e09.png

2 Likes