Segmented Carbon Flex Enclosure for Trampa Urban Carver

balanced the wheels with about 10gr adhesive weights opposite to the valve - its not 100% perfect, but already significantly reduced the wobble.

also ordered a set of evolve gt wheels for testing - tried a lot of pneumatics in my life already, not expecting the wonder wheel but maybe it lasts a little bit longer. :confused:

last picture in this thread now that shows the board with all final touches after its first 100km. all screws in, all charging/switch/phase wire ports in, neoprene band between enclosure and board is not really visible. think I might use all black shrink tube on the motor wires - current state is “stock setup” from italien @fottaz . thanks to the well fitting surfaces board vs enclosure and the first time I use this really wide (2cm) neoprene band, this is probably one of my most splash and dust proof boards of all my builds. the 5.5mm bullet connectors are waterproof too (no small hole inside that sometimes in there to let air out/in), the direct drives are pretty well sealed too. not worried to use this on wet roads to be honest :slight_smile:

keeping you updated on changes, but all in all Im done here and very happy with the results. I enjoyed how the board shaped up for me ride by ride and I really liked how the proper spring setup started to let the flex shine during hard carving. I also enjoy the dual vescs - last time I ran a trampa with dual vescs, it felt weak and I had a lot of temperature issues. now with a separate electronic compartment and the shortest possible 10awg battery/vesc connections, I dont have any issues at all anymore. feels all very solid, strong brakes, decent acceleration … not nowind wheelie stuff, but enough to let you grin a little.

looking forward to long term testing of the direct drives now :heart_eyes:

21 Likes

@whitepony i wanted to know about the batteries on the left i saw when the batteries were finished that they looked covered together with one sleeve. Not like the other 1s4p batteries. Did you separate them or did you just joined them together with a braided copper wire?

1 Like

the last pack is internally connected by 4 nickel strips - basically from cell to cell and then bent like my first batteries that always had nickel strips in the middle!

Oh ok awesome so they are connected to each other. Which would turn it to a 2s4p. Just wondering because i couldnt tell in the pictures lol thanks

4 days commuting to work (20km daily) and the rubbers are nearly done. and I even stopped carving hard 2 days ago. shitty rubber simply does not work for me … :neutral_face:

Ill use up my 2 evolve wheel sets this month and put the board on hold until @trampa brings out urethane. 150-200€ pneumatics per month is simply not acceptable.

7 Likes

beautiful deck ! what about putting Primo AT tyres, do you think they could last a bit more ?

nope, had them on my first trampa, also had a few different mbs wheels, been through a lot of rubber with my 768Wh carbon AT 3 years ago :wink:

rubber has no chance against carving, its like constantly braking hard sideways. but without carving I might as well ride a bike … carving4life!

1 Like

That’s greatest downside of pneumatics… I didn’t have a chance to ride my MTB much from over a year now (my endless quest to find an ultimate eMTB ESC :joy:, hope VESC 6 will be my holy grail) but I managed to kill one set of tires anyway. From my experience I must say that cheap industrial tires I bought seem to wear down waaay slower than softer grippy dedicated MTB wheels ( I think You should look more into this, zabi tires is manufacturer I’m talking about, they’re from Poland so there is a chance they will ship them to You). I have them on my caster board, really nice CHEAP street tires, and the best part is their price, 5€ for piece :smiley:

@Idea can confirm my words, he also is really happy with durability of those tires.

1 Like

nice tip, Ill check it out!

I confirm :slight_smile: And they have excellent traction on the wet road.

5 Likes

http://www.zabi.pl/en_index.php?kola=en_oferta2&id=31 ?

1 Like

One thing I forgot to mention, those tires are theoretically rated for lower pressure than fancy ones from Trampa, but I inflated them to almost 5 bars and they survived :sunglasses:

@unik yes this is it.

thats the zabi 200x50mm tire, right? even larger than my 7" trampa, my topspeed is already insane :laughing:

they are available everywhere in germany for about 7€ … do you think I could get an even better offer by contacting zabi directly?

@unik pretty sure its those: http://www.zabi.pl/en_index.php?kola=en_oferta2&id=47 (175 & 200)

this is the O175:

and this the 200x50 O200K

oh, and found it directly from zabi germany for 6€ per tire: http://www.zabi-rollen.de/de/angebot/47/reifen/

3 Likes

that german shop is pretty awesome - 4 tires 24€, 4 tires WITH tubes 32€ :scream:

any rubber tire grips like hell in comparison to urethane anyway - so if it just lasts a little bit longer and for less than half the costs …ehhhrrr, yes please!

Ill definitely check those tires out, ordering as we speak!!

2 Likes

In my opinion it’s bargain :smiley: Conventional mountainboarding wheels are awesome looking, grippy, but their price kinda kills it for me :neutral_face:

Have fun!

1 Like

I wonder if zabi ships to the US

O175 (175x40) This is a 7 inch tire. An hour ago I wanted to buy them for my trampa (Street/Ubran Carver) :slight_smile:

O200K (200x50) This is a 8 inch tire. I have them mounted in my mountainboard

wonder if we could ask manufacturers like these to make urethane rings for the 3.75" hubs that we are all using - redthane 75A!

https://www.wicke.com/en/shop/bereifung/redthaner-75-shore-rot-725/warengruppe/polyurethane-550?search=&items_per_page=25

1 Like

Will the O175 fit on 7" Superstar wheels for the Street/Ubran Carver?

@whitepony

It’s very good idea. I will ask about such a possibility in ZABI, http://www.zabi.pl/en/offer/ but I am afraid the scale of purchase must be HIGH because you need to do injection molding.

@Landshark Theoretically fit, because the internal hole of this tire is 96mm