Segmented Carbon Flex Enclosure for Trampa Urban Carver

yes he does. On all his builds

I believe he does this on all of his builds, with quality cells he didn’t notice any cell drift.

my god its beautiful

1 Like

“Yes he does” as in including a BMS in all his builds?

Whitepony is known for not using a bms

Another method how to build a nice flex enclosure.

With regards to tires: We use a different internal construction to assure high PSI capability. That ads to cost.

Anyone wanting to make urethane rings: You need a lot of expensive moulds. Once the urethane is hot and ready to be shot, you want to fill as many moulds as possible. Small wheels small moulds, massive wheels, big moulds, big price.

Frank

Whitepony is why my bank account is rapidly drying up…

5 Likes

Man, this build is sick! Hella wanna get those tires in blue. $170 for one set w tubes though… :frowning:

heh, so many messages :smile:

been riding the evolve wheels today - they feel better than the trampa wheels. the reason for that is not grip or anything, but they are more stable against lateral forces when carving. my guess is thats because the trampa 7" wheels are quite a bit more narrow compared to the evolve wheels. ontop of that the evolve wheels were balanced better. had quite a wobble with the trampa wheels despite counterweighting because the tire on the hub wasnt perfectly centered. the evolve wheels were seated really well on the hubs and all of them ran very precise with no wobble at all. too bad they are also quite expensive :frowning:

evolve: very wide patch, quite stable in lateral direction!

trampa: more narrow and more rounded patch on trampa wheels. didnt have a better pictures to compare these two!

6 Likes

Looks awesome!

Where did you find the Evolve tires for 50 Euros if you don’t mind me asking? Everything I’m coming up with so far is about twice that.

@trampa

Would it be possible to get Trampa pad cut to fit the full length of the deck?

bought it directly from evolve germany: http://www.evolveskateboards.de/index.php/shop-buy-online/all-terrain-reifen-und-mehr

1 Like

What pad? 10char

‘Trampa treads’ rather:

http://www.trampaboards.com/trampa-treads-ultimate-grip-for-your-feet--dark-grey-p-1031.html

@trampa

They are all pre-cut, sorry.

Frank

Guys, my PayPal hate you.

I’m now getting a Trampa Urban Carver. I’ll make it 12S - lightest as possible and plan to go the freestyle way with it (e.g stairs/curbs). I’m looking now at the numbers of plies 14 or 15 (probably 15 as I’m gonna jump).

I’ll also get some Trama Infinity MTB hangers so I have more options to go with 8’ wheels for all terrain.

4 Likes

How much do you weight?, I went with the 14 plies, the MTB hangers are going to add weight, are you sure you want to go with them?

73kg - yeah or i will get my feet too close to the wheels - 8’

Thanks for the response.

Found some if anyone’s interested (looks like it’s the same anyway): http://www.discountmarinesupplies.com/Carpet_Floor_Covering-Lewmar_Treadmaster_Anti-Slip_Deck_Covering.html?gclid=CJjfz7a-1dMCFQKoaQodSN4Paw

Word is that this stuff’s supposed to make you stick to your board like shit on a blanket :joy: Thought it might look cool on the carvers to have the whole deck covered. Pricey stuff though…

And heavy…

@whitepony. What size heat shrink did you use to wrap the battery packs? I wanted to purchase some online but dont know the size