Secret Santa 2018 WORLDWIDE-COMPLETED

A cut off date for international shipping to make sure it is here on time.

1 Like

I don’t think any of that would matter if customs decides to be customs. Especially if other factors comes into play like new policies or natural disasters.

Stuff like this just has to be expected.

1 Like

My package been sitting in customs since dec 9th :frowning:

2 Likes

If you want to make sure everything gets through customs 100% you better send it by August. I could care less if my gift got here before or after Christmas. I’d rather give my Santa the opportunity to utilize holiday sales

4 Likes

Yeah, shipping companies loose money left and right. They are constantly evaluating methods to cut cost. Essentially, if it’s international and not shipped using a priority method they will all leave it sitting until it’s convenient.

It sucks as that attitude is responsible for hundreds of small businesses going out of business. When the business is gone the shipping companies make less money and then treat non priority shipments even worse, causing more businesses to fail.

Sad and unfixable, assuming no new methods if inexpensive fast shipping, as shipping companies in the whole give less than a shit about anything it her than profit margin.

2 Likes

I have an item that I sent International non-priority that’s been sitting at a post office for over a month now.

1 Like

Damn are you in North Korea or something?!

1 Like

That’s nothing. I know a few people whose packages have been held for over a month

1 Like

I’m the shipper and it’s going from USA to belgium

3 Likes

I should be back in my apartment in a couple hours, and I’ll post pics of what my santa got me! I’m super excited!

4 Likes

Ah yeah, I was referring to his country’s customs holding the package hostage for nearly a month!

1 Like

Here it is! MVIMG_20181225_201236 It’s a box! MVIMG_20181225_201307 RIP one of the lil baby chocolates, she had her face smushed in. ( I’m sure it’s still delicious though) MVIMG_20181225_201310 Here is all of it! I can’t wait to use the motor mounts, GT2B and Hexagon grip on my current MTB build! And you’d be damn right if all of that chocolate is gonna disappear in a couple days. MVIMG_20181225_201539

19 Likes

Can confirm, chocolate is filled w/ goodness.

8 Likes

That chocolate is soooooo good

3 Likes

Those chocolates are good

2 Likes

I think that doesn’t make so much sense. I sent 4 packets on the same day in the beginning of November. 3 of them to USA. Same day, same post office. Two arrived after 1,5weeks, the last one still on the way… So even if you sent things early you never know what happens on the way. If you want to make sure your santee has the present in time you need to set the deadline to October or don’t include international people. Both are not the best options.

1 Like

Can confirm, username checks out Good on yer

1 Like

Nice gift peoples. Next year we can try to start in September and send in October

1 Like

I think October is fine to start as it seems like most of the not received gifts are international. Maybe next year we can set up international with international cause it really seems like the issue is come from or going to a international county from the USA. Or maybe people from neighboring countries paired together. It sucks that it is so hard to ship stuff international because the cheapest way for international is non priority but then you just hoping it gets there before Christmas.

1 Like

what´s for you international? for me international is different than for you. and i need to say i´m a bit against that idea that US only stays in the US and the rest of the world should sent to each other. You can always decide if you ready to ship worldwide or not. But maybe it makes sense also to just pair people which ready to ship world wide (not sure if you did so already this year @Grozniy) So if people sign up for worldwide they also should expact to get the present later than otheres. And in general, where is the problem to receive things after christmas? I mean, for example our christmas is anyhow first in january… and if you get the present already in november, or only in january totally doesn´t make a difference. to move the start to october will just move the presents to come more early and take away peoples opportunity to use the black friday to order some presents for there santee.

4 Likes