Samsung 30t 21700 Tesla size battery cells

You gain more discharge, but your range is still effectively half. The 30T is still groundbreaking because it means I can cram the power of a 10S4P 30Q pack into something as small as the Banshee. That’s gonna be one hell of a fast 13lbs cruiser.

3Ah or 2x1.5Ah is the same, should expect same range (1x 30T may outperform 2x HB2 in total capacity).

Yep that’s a hella battery!

Ahh, I thought you were talking about Samsung 30 Q cells.

Hey, what kind of range and speed are you getting on this pack?

30t and 20700a are still experiencing a global shortage but I noticed the lg hg6 is in stock with similar stats. Any reviews of this guy?

https://www.imrbatteries.com/lg-hg6-20650-3000mah-30a-battery/

I have it on a single drive. I don’t even remember how far it can go. Maybe 13 miles? And 20mph top speed

Your Welcome. In short, does not come close to the specs of the 30T. Tested “near 2800mAh”. Still a good cell to use.

1 Like

The Sony Konion US18650VTC6 look better than the LG 20650 HG6 in almost every way unless I’m overlooking something

They’re lighter, cheaper, smaller, have more mAh, and same continuous current rating

1 Like

Good recommendation. Thanks

1 Like

Problem with VTC6 is their low life cycle. After only 25 cycles with 20A discharge rate from 4,2 to 3,0V the HG2 and 30Q outperform it: zyklentest_vtc6_hg2-580x376

VTC is great for racing application. For a battery, that you slam on your board once, use the full 30A output a few times and throw it in the bin afterwards.

Also with lower output, it still dies earlier than the 30Q.

3 Likes

Still nothing new under the sun then. How come Mooch says HG6 runs cooler (79°) than HB6 (77°) at 30A? Might have been a typo.

Since it is a bigger cell format anyway why not wait for the Samsung a bit more !