$4.20 a Cell - Samsung 30Q cells and battery build service

For those looking for 30q cells, I’ve managed to secure a decent quantity from nkon, through liion wholesale, at very good prices.

Both nkon and liion wholesale have proven to supply 100% genuine cells.

I’m selling them for $4.20 (hehe) a cell, that’s 50 qty prices at imrbatteries or liionwholesale. If you’re looking for a large amount, more than 50 cells, you’re probably better off getting it from them.

My prices are better if you need smaller quantities.

http://www.esk8life.com/samsung-30q-18650-cell

Additional battery build service

Parallel group build service

It’s in the product description but the added service will combine your cells into parallel groups, using the following:

• 10mm x 0.15mm pure nickel
    • Rounded edges to avoid marring cap insulator
  • Cap Insulator
  • Fish Paper applied to positive terminals
  • Spot welded with the Boss Welder
  • Positive / Negative buss welded onto nickel, NOT PCB
    • Nickel to PCB copper weld is rather weak, so using nickel as the bus lends a lot more strength
  • Hot-glued onto Batt-PCB

Why the PCB? Checkout @akhlut’s wiki: http://github.com/akhlut/BATT-PCB/wiki

Battery Pack Build Service

http://www.esk8life.com/battery-pack-build

Only available with Parallel group build service

Combines parallel groups into a complete battery pack.

Serial connections are made with 1/2 inch copper strand.

Main + and leads with 10awg silicone wire.

Result of this build yields a flexible pack (to a certain extent), and more importantly, is modular so P groups and various components can be replaced.

You have the option of a serpentine or “U turn” configuration (see product description).

Whole pack is covered in clear PVC shrink, and appropriate insulation applied using kapton tape, reinforced tape, and foam insulators.

Three feet of clear PVC shrink will be included in the package if you plan on installing your own BMS

Optional: Select “Perform QA” to perform a discharge, then full charge, then discharge to storage voltage (3.6v). Cell voltage will be measured at each cycle to ensure pack is in balance. This option will add 3-4 days to lead time.

BMS Install Service

http://www.esk8life.com/bms-install-service

Only available with Battery Pack Build Service, and purchase of a charge-only BMS

Installs BMS balance leads and BMS power connections.

BMS connections (P-, B-) are terminated with 3mm bullet connectors.

How to Order

Let’s say you need a 10s4p pack, want it built into a pack with a BMS installed.

1. Add 40 cells, with the 4p build option selected, then add to cart.
  2. Then add the Battery Pack Build Service
  3. Then add a 10s BMS
  4. Then add the BMS Install Service

Photos

Please keep in mind these are demo shots using dead cells. Your order will be made with BRAND NEW cells.

--%20IMG_0666 Glued garallel groups, using a jig

--%20IMG_0678 --%20IMG_0683 Cap insulator and fish paper applied to positive terminal

--%20IMG_0686 --%20IMG_0690 Bound to PCB

--%20IMG_0696 Positive terminal

--%20IMG_0698
Negative terminal

-%20IMG_0701 Bus connections (nickels lengths will be perfectly precise in production builds)

0913182106_HDR 0913182208a_HDR Battery Pack Build

0914182120a_HDR 1023182132_HDR BMS Installed

Q&A

Who is this for?

The DIY builder who wants control of all aspects of their build, including the battery. Because the build service is modular, you can order a little (bare cells) or a complete pack, and fill in the rest yourself.

Who is this NOT for?

If you’re looking for a complete build, or want a fully integrated solution, this probably isn’t a good fit.

Does this include battery / volt meter, connectors, and/or switch (loopkey, anti-spark)?

No, you will install those things yourself.

Where are the fuses?

Pack fuse is not included, but you can install one pretty easily.

I don’t believe cell-level fusing is appropriate for low P count batteries (chaka’s probably going to kill me). Cell-level fusing makes sense in massive parallel packs but not for smaller packs with high discharge demands.

I may consider cell fuses, but will likely incur an additional cost as it’s much more labor intensive.

Anything other than 3P or 4P?

No, not at this time, sorry.

26 Likes

I can’t get into the site

damn, lookin into it, thanks.

It’s about time someone offered this service! :smiley: If someone didn’t do it soon, I was going to do it myself.

2 Likes

this is great! Are there any shipping/country restrictions?

1 Like

US as of now, maybe Canada.

I need to ask my post office people about international.

2 Likes

Hoping it’ll be an option. Would be great to have such a service available overseas

Can’t get into the site (I know your working on it) but can you provide some pricing for say a 10s 3p pack with BMS and all the fixings

site is down, but for your 10s4p example, how much would it cost approx? (with bms installed)

1 Like

Nice to have a local resource for battery builds.

1 Like

Nice copper braid - where is it from?

1 Like

Very clean!

1 Like

i’ll let you know when i find out.

site’s back up now, but for 10s3p, it’s $225 plus probably about $25 shipping, so $250 shipped.

$275 all in plus about $25 shipping, $300 shipped.

good ol’ ebay

just search for 1/2" copper braid.

5 Likes

$4.20 a cell?! That’s too dank of a price to pass up!

6 Likes

wow you can ship to mexico

1 Like

I’m driving to San Diego and back in dicember / January I can probably take them back

2 Likes

This looks like a great service!

1 Like

@thisguyhere Awesome! This is a great deal! Two questions:

1. Can you do custom layouts?
  2. Are the packs flexible when fully assembled? Over all super great service, will definitely be ordering in the future
1 Like

so you can order just the P groups and arrange it however it fits in your build.

but it is limited to either 3 or 4 cells across.

and to make it flexible i cut slots into the final pvc wrap, then you get flexibility between the P groups.

3 Likes

Damn, where were you a month ago? My 10s4p is arriving today.

2 Likes