Samsung 30Q 10s3p battery build | Therealesk

Sound about the same i used on my last pack. But it sure also depends how you lay the nickel and how much layers you plan to add.

1 Like

For sure I will build more then one battery. Because otherwise I wouldn’t had bought a spot welder. :slightly_smiling_face: And idk how much nickel I’ll need, but I’ll build 10 pieces of 3 parallel cells packs, so i only have to cut 20x 6cm strips.

So you add up the nickel with copper braid or silicon wire?

1 Like

Yeah, with a silicon wire. So it will be a bit flexible.

Okay, sry for the bad picture :joy::raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

Not how you connected the p-packs, I mean to add up the one layer of nickel. One layer is not enough to handle all the current you could potentially draw with this battery pack.

I highly recommend you to read through this thread if you didn’t already made this.

1 Like

I know, I read this tread. But thanks😉

Think I made 6 layers.

2 Likes

6 layers of nickel?

Has anyone use the NKON soldering tags? I’m thinking about using them instead of a spotwelder and soldering to a line if 10awg (12s4p) but I dont see the fishpaper ends. Can you add fish paper under the tags?

Yes.

Are you going to spot weld 1 layer of nickel strip on the cells and then add 10 awg wire on the whole nickel strip?

3 Likes

Mhh, idk how many A a nickel strip is able to handel!?

I might go with 3-4 min on a 3p pack.

Bend it up, use fishpaper, bend it down. But I would check the thickness of the strips before

That depends on the size and thickness of your nickel strip, aaand if it’s real pure nickel or not.

1 Like

8mm X 0.15mm probably 12A. I honestly got no idea but a good thumb rule is 1 layer ofnickel strip (10mm X 0.15mm) for each cell in parallel.

2 Likes

I’m going to build it like he👈

personally I don’t really like how he builds his batteries. Balance cables on the side, no fish (except on positive side) paper and very little nickel strip.

Most people I see only use 1 layer of nickel on the parallel group and it works fine for them, but i’m really skeptical.

2 Likes

Okay, that means that i should use thicker nickel strips?

not thicker, but more than one layer