Rolling Fortress | LaCroix Prototipo | Dual Focbox/6374 | DIY MBS Geared Drive | 12S4P

So I made myself a mini rolling fortress…

IMG20180918020634

IMG20180918012708

IMG20180918013920

IMG20180909113353

IMG20180909112849

Will create a thread for it by itself soon…

15 Likes

I had a friend print out two sets of the stl files for the light mounts… Two one piece and two four piece mounts. None of them worked… Your trucks are matrix pro ii but my Lacroix came with matrix ii trucks (non pro) Is that the difference? I thought the only difference was the hollow axel but maybe you uploaded the wrong stl files??

They don’t work? Odd… Mine are the hollow axel but that’s just the axel.

In what way do they not work, the profile is different? From my understanding it’s the same, heck I have seen people using my mount on their stock LaCroix.

STL’s cant be wrong, again I’ve seen people using them. Got a photo of yours?

I dunno what gives but they will not slide onto the axel…(the one piece) and to add insult to injury the two piece won’t clap either… I gotta admit this DIY stuff will keep you on your toes… Maybe my matrix II trucks are like rejects or something… well at least I got the evolve tires on… Give Thanks

4 Likes

Can u take a photo of them next to the truck?

Your friends printer might not be calibrated. Did you measure the parts? does not take much to prevent parts from fitting on your trucks

@ervinelin very nice build. What fillament are you using for you mini fortress? Have you tried pla/ petg for gears?

I started with PLA2.0 (some call it PLA+) but have since sent it out to get printed my a HP fusion jet in nylon PA12

fancy fancy~

@ervinelin I finally flipped the trucks and everything worked(as you already know from the Lacroix thread)… The flipped modified ones are gonna be printed soon as well as the concave inserts… You deserve a DIY medal!!!:+1:t6:

Funny Story: I was on my way home from Bronx HQ aka @Kaly Shop and I had my Evolva headlights on and my front mounted Xanes (Red/White flashing) chilling at a red light when an undercover cop car sped past me and up the block (Red/White lights flashing) - Then from out of traffic another one came right at me - hit the brakes and the driver had this confused look on his face!!! I gestured thataway and the cop nodded his head and took off up the block… Took me a couple of seconds to realize that the Evolva Lights look like car headlights and with the Xanes flashing Red/White they must’ve thought I was the other undercover cop car they was following… :laughing::laughing::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Peace…:v:t6:

3 Likes

Cool story…

Let me know if the concave works for you, I’m still uncertain as to how thick they need to be.

As for the flipped holders, please print one first to test… I flipped the model based on what I THINK should be correct, but I might have gotten the mirror axis wrong.

Do you own the hp fusion? @ervinelin

I wish… 10char

Rolling Fortress Meets Kushboard Titan

Having fun with my new Insta360 One X camera… it’s awesome…

8 Likes

Are you going to share STL files for direct drive? Or can I buy it from you?

1 Like

I have the original tucks that comes with the LaCroix, would you print and sell a pair or mounts for the bang oof front and back light?

You can download them and print them yourself. No sense sending them halfway across the world.

1 Like

I’ve printed headlights mounts modded for the MBS trucks, happy to share the file.

I used flexible filament, at 80% infill IMG_20190324_120521

8 Likes

Olá, boa noite. Onde compro as baterias igual a que você tem?

Aqui tem que falar em inglês. Ninguém lhe consegue ajudar em português. Essa bateria é feita à mão com várias celulas individuais. Não sei onde se pode comprar no Brasil. O mais simples é comprar baterias LiPo.

Hi, Great Project!! I know it’s a long time since you posted this but would you mind sharing the files for your Gear Drive?

1 Like