Rocket Freeflow and Rocket Dual

Not yet… :frowning:

They will require a new Caliber clamp that’s about 1mm bigger for anyone who’s using our v4 motor mounts. We’ll discount a new clamp for those who already have a setup from us.

Putting in my vote for a new deck shape option being #1 priority. It looks like for people who want to carve hard currently - risers have to be added even with the regular trucks and probably can’t remove as many as you did for the wider ones. Seems to me that a slightly longer deck with some actual shaping/cutouts around the wheels would improve things dramatically. Can’t get wheelbite if there isn’t deck there to bite!

Guess maybe I should wait until I have mine before I form too strong of an opinion about the height. I’ve just been on some taller boards before and found it to not be anywhere near as enjoyable as my drop-through boards.

3 Likes

@trappar - Yeah, most definitely one deck won’t fit the ideal for “everyone”. Personally, I don’t notice the height and I do like shorter height boards as well. I can carve pretty well w/ the current setup but yeah you do need risers.

The main purpose for the TORQUE Rocket was to be a short 33" deck. Mostly compact and easy to store great for commuting.

At max we can drop it .75" but is 3/4" inch worth it… Ideally, it might be closer to 1/2" as you’d want more clearance. To me, 1/2" doesn’t seem like much at all.

You could use the longer trucks and run Dual 5065’s on rear.

In the near future, I plan on having a 38-40" downhill carving setup similar to Evolve’s Carbon GT with a 12S4P setup. The deck would have to prevent all wheel bite if that’s what you wanted.

2 Likes

All of these criticisms would be a non issue if the wheel cutouts were deeper and placed properly and the deck wasn’t as thick where the motor mounts rub. It would solve the ride height, wheel bite, and deck damage complaints. The only other thing is the wide open hole in the top of the deck and the grip tape details rubbing off.

1 Like

I’m not involved in this and this post may seem a little bit off topic, but it’s very cool to see a company develop products starting from criticisms directly from people. Just an advice: I personally would use hub motors only with that short deck, to create the most compact and light board possible, adding deeper coutouts to avoid wheel bite. For satellite motors lovers, just make a longer evolve style deck as a different product. Compact boards and big motors with big wheels don’t go too well together.

Overall, I love the size and shape of the deck. I just wish the wheel cutouts matched where the wheels actually meet the deck and there was more clearance where the motor mounts meet the deck. The only other issues that aren’t directly related to those are the big open hole in the top (not weatherproof) and the very cool looking grip tape logo that is rubbing off. I almost feel like a solid clear grip tape over either a painted or decal logo would stand up to abuse better. All in all, like I said, the board is nice looking and is a beast in terms of electronics performance.

1 Like

@Gizmo - The wheel cutouts were meant for our 220mm truck. The wheel well fits well with our longer trucks but at the end of the day. This setup wasn’t meant to be a drop through low to the ground deck. It wasn’t designed for that. The wheel wells would otherwise take up part of the enclosure.

The deck is thick for a reason. To hide the enclosure and maximize size. The motor mounts take up about 3" of space. Without setting it up how it is in it’s current state. We would need to extend it 3" longer by doing that it’s an entirely different deck.

Would people clarify? Is a .75" ride height that much of a difference? Personally, I don’t notice it much. I’d prefer the current 33" size over a 36" size anyday. I’m fine w/ the ride height because of it.

As far as the grip tape… It’s been enlarged and will only read the logo + TORQUE. I removed the boards as those pieces were much smaller. We could color it white but I’m not to fond of the look.

As for the hole on top. We’re working on a waterproof cover for it still testing but we’ll let everyone know when it’s completed. For the logo we’ll send you a new plate once we get them finished.

@SirDiff - We do use hub motors with this setup as well they do help w/ the motor mount biting but that can easily be adjusted. Hub motors don’t weigh any lighter than a typical outrunner. Ideally, it will weigh more as we increase the sizes of the hub motors to increase performance.

Light board + performance doesn’t work. Batteries weigh what they weigh. If you want a lighter board it will be a 20mph setup with a smaller battery pack. You have to cut weight somehow… Going smaller is typically the answer.

This board was meant to climb hills and to be compact. I’d want this for my daily commute in San Francisco. You can’t maneuver quickly with an Evolve sized deck walking around with tons of people.

Compact boards and big motors with big wheels don’t go too well together. - I think it works… you just have to go slightly higher for the ride height.

1 Like

I personally have no wheel bite at all, but I’m not using it for insane carves or anything. I shifted weight left and right to try and had a buddy look underneath he also saw no bite at all. @torqueboards I am still interested in those longer trucks with a rear mount. I’m even considering smaller wheels if that’s possible? I’m used to low riding decks, and compared to what I’m used to I dont feel as stable. As I’ve mentioned before all in all great board. Keep up the amazing work.

@torqueboards @gizmo

The 280mm belts aren’t enough. They let the motor go to the end of the mount. However, a longer mount might be needed. At the very least, longer trucks so the motor could move away from the truck about an inch. Definitely will be getting those longer trucks from you once they’re in.

1 Like

@itsgreekpete Yeah, I’ll double check the setup and we’ll have a rear mount option. It will stick up higher than your photo that way you have more clearance. It doesn’t really make the deck any shorter though as far as height.

Scratch that on the 280mm it was a little dark. There’s a bit more room to go on the mount. Probably need 300 or 330mm.

@torqueboards @gizmo.

Yea Dexter, im aware. It seems that either trucks or like you said a different board to lower the height. Just wanted to report back on the 280mm belts.

2 Likes

Nice, Thanks for doing the legwork. Once I get the wider trucks the kingpin nut should be less of an issue with my dual setup.

The other option I was considering is having a drop bracket made to push the entire rear assembly behind the deck. Yes it would add length but it was one idea to kick around.

The truck itself is more of an issue now than the kingpin

any lower and I’m afraid it’ll rub.

2 Likes

So, here’s just a little afterthought: I came to the conclusion that the soft durometer of the bushings were part of the issue. When you crank down the kingpin nut to control the wheel bite issue, the soft bushings compress so much that they actually create more motor mount grinding issues. Of you loosen the kingpin you solve the motor mount issues but then you get an unstable ride. I have ordered harder bushings to hopefully solve this and I will be switching out the clone wheels for real abec 11s in order to resolve the harder riding issue created by using harder bushings. I will post my findings once I put it all together and do some testing.

1 Like

which harder bushings do you think you will be getting?

I’m going 98a for now. I also might try using the hard bottom bushing and the stock soft bushing on top. I’ll play around with it.

nice, I’d like to know what works out best.

I have sent you emails about 12s1 charger, hope you can reply

I was just wondering, if you were to take the battery out of the deck, what other enclosures would fit the battery?