Rocket Freeflow and Rocket Dual

Sports Tracker for Android

Dual VESCs via can bus support a feature called traction control. The VESC on the outer wheel will give that wheel less torque than the one on the inner wheel. It will also cause a different rate of spin with no torque applied.

1 Like

Nice to see you guys testing out the boards. @Gizmo @itsgreekpete

BELT TIGHTNESS - As for belt tightness, you can adjust it. It’s fairly tight because I prefer enjoy it tighter when riding. You shouldn’t have any issues with belt skip since we use a 16T/36T.

HEIGHT & WHEEL WELLS - The height is slightly higher but we have some new longer trucks which should allow you to drop it lower again. I’ll look into the rear mounting option for those who want a real low rider.

GBOMB FAIL - Tried the Gbomb but Gbomb doesn’t fit. We only have the old school bolt holes on our setup and Gbomg specifically uses new school mounting holes only. Doubt a lot of people would use them though Gbombs were $200 bucks for 2x.

@ArmandR - Most of these issues are almost fixed. We’re just waiting on longer trucks.

@itsgreekpete - You can check the belt tension. One belt can possibly be tighter than the other.

@delduked - Derek the guy in the video was using our Dual Hub Motor with 130KV on 12S3P EPOWER Pack. He’s since went 4WD and is using a custom pack from Bara with a higher cont amp rating.

MORE TORQUE, LESS TOP SPEED - @Gizmo If you want more torque (less top speed), you can increase start-up boost & use a 13T/16T option. We use only one gearing option so you’d have to pick the best for what you plan on using it for.

RIDING FATIGUE - The longer trucks definitely help with vibration and having a much softer ride as well.

CHARGING - For charging, you go by the actual charger (green/red) vs looking at the battery % indicator. The charger is more accurate. Battery indicator is more of a guideline but it fluctuates when in use.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure I’m in the second batch, order 14816. Is there anyway of getting some information on how the shipment will go? Like when it ships will I get a tracking number? Just curious. Also, when I went through the checkout and all that stuff, I never saw an area to specify wheel size of 90mm.

@delduked - We’ll send an email the day before we ship out. Just to confirm everything is okay. You’ll get a tracking number when it ships. All boards are shipped out with 90mm wheels with is our default size.

1 Like

When will those 130kv hubs be available? And is there a new longer deck on the way?

@olgamedt - We have 130KV hubs available now. We don’t have a longer CF deck as of now but we will not sure when.

Ok I’ll give the belt tension a check to see.

When will the longer trucks be available for order? Also from what I see, if one were to lower the boards, they’d be rubbing against the motor mounts. I’m already having that issue without lowering the board. So the rear mount might be the way to go.

1 Like

Hopefully in a month or so we’ll have the longer trucks. I should be getting the samples in a week or two. If all is good about 1 month after.

Yeah, I’ll check for a rear mount setup.

Any idea how much they will cost? How difficult will they be to swap out if I’m getting the FreeFlow?

@trappar - I’ll only have 220mm Caliber style trucks but I’ll see maybe I can retrofit it somehow. I’ll find out.

It’s a lot easier to swap hub motors over a belt drive anyhow :slight_smile:

@torqueboards what grades can the freeflow deal with? And the hubs on it are the same ones you sell separated?

@Pedrodemio - 15-20% inclines. You can climb steeper with speed and it does it pretty well but motors might get hot doing it over and over. I know, most people don’t have that issue though.

1 Like

How exactly does one adjust belt tension?

@itsgreekpete - You can use a 2.5mm Hex Key (longer T tool style) works best. Just loosen the 4x M4 bolts that hold the motor up and you can slightly hold the motor forward to tighten the belt or push it inwards to loosen it.

You want just enough slack that a belt won’t skip teeth under pressure (ex. braking, accelerating).

Thanks for that. One other question for you. I’ve notice the motor mounts are rubbing the bottom of my deck considerably. I have yet to remove any risers at all. Is there anything I can adjust to try to prevent this?

@itsgreekpete - You’ll have to loosen the motor mount a bit. There should be 4x bolts & nuts and angle the motor mount higher a bit.

Do you think it would be possible to mount the freeboard bindings to the inward facing truck screws on the top of the deck?

For all of those who are wondering about rear mounting the motors. I tried to do this, but was personally unhappy with the clearance. There is enough clearance no doubt, just not up to MY standards. I just ordered a set of the 285mm belts. I am thinking that with these belts it should be doable. I will post updates as soon as I get it working. Unfortunately I did not take pictures (I did it very late at night and just wanted to get it over with). Once the new belts come in and I try again, I’ll post some pictures.

I was just going to mention this as well. My feelings at this point is that I’d like the motors mounted on the back.