Rocket Freeflow and Rocket Dual

Ah alright…thanks. Definitely food for thought…@_@

Yeah a lot of issues/design flaws that should have been fixed

The range is definitely there, as is the performance on rough roads. The asphalt on my streets is extremely rough/bumpy and quite a few cracks and holes. I had no issue with grip at high speed on these streets. As far as range is concerned attwo miles I had 85% charge while riding between 15-20 mph. This is with the 12s battery. I haven’t done a proper range test, but that’s where I was at 2 miles.

So the range is there, affirmed by both you and @Gizmo. Now I’m worried about fatigue…though I THINK that’s normal with a stiff deck…

Since I’m new to eskate I have a quick question. How much resistance should there be in motors? It seems the ole motor has quite a bit while the other doesn’t really. Also, when keeping the board in its back and giving full throttle and letting the motors just run out on their own, the one motor stops a full second before the other (probably due to the resistance). Not sure if that’s a big deal or not. By the way I’m defining resistance as a type of “clicking” feeling (no sound) that makes the motors resist when spinning the wheels. @Gizmo @torqueboards

The board is a beast. https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1338276659527399&id=1312353735453025

I don’t think it’s the deck as much as it is the work you have to put in to keeping yourself balanced when there’s acceleration and brake being applied. Then again, this is my first eboard, and can not compare it to a bamboo eboard.

37 mph? 10/10

Yea that review sounds exactly how I felt. The high end torque wouldn’t stop. I couldn’t take it any faster than 20, but I have a bit more throttle to see how much pull was left and it was instant pull and power. Blew my mind. 38 is insane.

You are partially right however some of that fatigue is from having to absorb road vibration. A stiff board will also require more micro adjustments where a flexible board helps smooth out the need which is both good and bad; a stiff board is more responsive and stable under speed where the flexibility of a bamboo for instance while “softening” the ride can also exacerbate unwanted flex and rebound, wobbles.

Not sure… contact @torqueboards

How did you get it to 38?

No idea, I did a bunch of speed runs on flat straight grade pushing it as much as my nerves would let me. It is quite windy here today so that peak may have come with some wind to my back.

I’m not sure if this is relevant but the guy in the video is also using torque board motors and he got the same numbers, around 37mph https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=RfRLLkyloBc

3 Likes

Mine are dual 190kv with a 12s3p battery, 150 lbs rider, 90mm wheels. In theory, I should be able to go even faster. I don’t know that I even want to.

How long is it taking for your battery to recharge? Mine is taking an ungodly amount of time (12s3p).

I haven’t taken it to completely empty yet, I have not had much time to ride it considering weather, but when it came it and I charged it it took somewhere around 3 hours to get to 95%. Also, I noticed it says 100% charge, but when I turn it on it says 95%. So I’m not sure where the inaccuracy is. I’m not sure if you have seen this as well or not.

Do your motors have different resistance to them when you spin the wheel by hand? Also, if you lay the board upside down, hit the throttle and let go does the one motor stop before the other?

Yes slightly

I just assumed that was a metering quirk.

What app did you use to measure the distance you went and the speed?