Rocket Freeflow and Rocket Dual

I’ve never tried a first gen raptor. This is my first carbon deck. Its stiff. I’m used to a flexy bamboo deck.

The height is a bit much. I personally don’t mind the stiffness. But that height is a bit much. Going to take a set of risers off to see if that makes any difference. Seems I would be pushing it if I took off two. Maybe someone at torqueboards could chime in ? Would that be ok to do?

omg my pants

@torqueboards

@itsgreekpete tag them so they can read your message.

@itsgreekpete - You can take a set of risers off. It’s not that tall from a regular deck. It’s about 1/2" difference. The difference is barely noticeable. Did you order? Can’t tell from your SN.

We’re waiting on the longer trucks. Once you have the longer trucks you can remove about 10-25mm from the risers and drop the setup.

I got the GBomb’s recently… Haven’t put it on yet to try it.

1 Like

I was part of the first batch, just got it in today. Was able to ride it a little before the rain. Super solid board all around. Although those longer trucks with a lower setup are a bit more up my alley. Any idea when those are coming in? Would it be possible to rear mount the motors as well?

Yeah, haven’t done it yet but occasionally we get a few people who want to rear mount the setup. I’ll look into it and let you know. If you rear mount it with the longer trucks… You could definitely drop it a lot more. The low rider boards are pretty sweet.

I should be getting the longer truck sample soon if it’s perfect we’ll have them soon. I assume your Peter then :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes sir, that is me. Board is amazing. Literally above and beyond what I had hoped. This thing is BUILT

3 Likes

Please do let me know about the rear mount and the longer trucks. I will 100% be getting the longer trucks, and whatever necessary to mount these motors to the rear.

1 Like

Sure… I’ll look into it and let you know.

Did anyone who ordered a FreeFlow (hubs) receive theirs yet?

The height makes the board a bit awkward to push. It also makes the ride feel a tad unstable. I think the board needs wider hangers, the cutouts don’t align with the wheels so without the risers wheel bite is a real issue.

1 Like

I’ll be interested as well in the longer hangers as I’m increasing finding the height of the deck an issue. If mounting the motors on the rear helps to drop the deck, I’ll want to do that as well.

1 Like

How do you like it though? Would you recommend it?

On a specific performance basis, ignoring the previous mentioned items, I would recommend the board. Being that it is built on a diy platform making any personal preference changes should be relatively easy and I think Dexter is open to adjusting any issues that we may find for future iterations.

1 Like

Cool! Would you recommend it for long distances on rough roads?

What do you consider long distance and rough road, specifically?

15 - 20 miles and streets in poor condition (potholes, big cracks, chunks missing out of it).

I haven’t done a proper range test yet due to colder weather, limits battery perfirmance, but the advertised range falls into that ballpark. I chose the 90 mm wheels specifically for eating up rough pavement and they seem to do well. Physically, I get fatigued after a 5-6 mile ride in my lower legs and I’ve heard others say the same thing with other esk8 riders. The carbon fiber fatigues me faster than my bamboo deck. This may have to do with the wide stance needed to avoid the top panel or the lack of flex in the board or me just getting accustomed to a new board.