Rocket Freeflow and Rocket Dual

What was the outside ambient temperature?

Also, what kind of grades and were you doing speed tests with stops? If not, what was your cruising speed?

@willpark16 It is the Rocket Dual. It is not running hubs. Maybe I accidentally received at 10s3p? I dont know if there’s a way to differentiate between the two.

@Gizmo . Outside temperate about 60-65 degrees. Cruising speed between 15-20 mphs, i hit one or two hills, but low grade. I’d call them slight inclines rather than hills, about a city block to two each. A few stops to let some cars pass by, I’d say 6 total.

Yea that range seems like it’s a bit low perhaps a lot of hills?

@torqueboards any chance he got a 10S3P instead? That range seems rather low. Any explanation?

@itsgreekpete - Mostly, by size. You got a 12S3P. 12S3P should take up almost the entire space in the enclosure area. Was your setup charged to 100%? You waited until the charger led was “green”. You should get anywhere from 15-20 miles depending on how hard you throttle.

Grab Handle - The one on the website right now won’t work for the TORQUE Rocket currently. I just tested a prototype one so we’ll have some available soon.

@delduked - They’re almost here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Take up the enclosure as far as length is concerned? If that’s the case yea no doubt it’s a 12s3p. Throttle wise my speed was between 15-20mph. Charge was definitely full. Ill get another go at it.

1 Like

Range test #12

I avoided any and all hills. Only slight inclines in the road. 96% straight road. 2% incline 2% decline (yes i did the math, I went back the way i came). 13.3 miles was what I got. Max speed was 31 mph for .2 miles. The rest of the way was between 10-20 mph. Few stops, I just let off the throttle for the board to kind of just slow down, pinch of brake into 45 turns. 13.3 miles is what I got out of the board. I even google mapped the route just to check it wasn’t the app itself. Going to be doing a third one literally going up and down the same street until the board shut off. It’s a level street.

@gizmo Have you done a proper range test taking the battery down until it shuts off from low power?

For me, range tests are difficult due to the cold weather. It would be unfair to make a fair assessment. Unfortunately, I had to send the battery back as it was having intermittent issues turning on under load. The other ongoing issue I was having with the battery was the ridiculously long recharge times. Dexter @torqueboards was very helpful and will be sending a New battery out. I will wait to do a range test when temperatures are above 60f. As far as your issue goes, I feel like there is another factor involved. Is there a lot of resistance when you turn the wheels by hand?

@Gizmo I’m not quite sure what is normal resistance and what isn’t. I’m sure a certain amount is to be expected. Nice to hear they took care of your battery issue!

When you get a chance to do a proper range test, could you let me know your results? I’m going to try a third one on a completely level street and just go back and forth doing 20 and measure it that way.

How long were your charge times? ive had mine on for 4.5 hours and am at 55%. I’m using the 2a charger.

Try testing going at about a 15 mph cruising speed or about a half to 3/4 trigger pull. Also make sure you are pushing off and not starting from a standing stop. When you are coasting after releasing the throttle on flat ground, do you slow quickly or freewheel for a bit?

It was taking about 6-7 hrs from 50%, when I drained it to 25% it took over 11 hrs to charge. There was definitely a problem with the battery from the start. Hopefully, the new battery will perform properly. I used a 2a charger as well.

@gizmo ill double check on that.

@torqueboards ow long should charging take? I haven’t properly tested my charge time. Be nice to have a frame of reference.

@itsgreekpete - It should take about 3-4 to fully charge. It shouldn’t take longer. I’ll do some tests once we get the new packs in.

1 Like

Hey everyone! So, I thought it’d be appropriate to post a video :movie_camera: here. I’ve started a YoutTube channel that gives a high level perspective of the diy scene (tips, vendors, & community news). This particular video illustrates purchasing parts or a complete build from @torqueboards My target :golf:audience is diyers new to the community that may not have found the forum or good resources for their first build. I thought I’d post this here since it focuses on Torque Boards and both his Rocket Freeflow and Rocket Dual which I was able to test ride :sunglasses: Both of them are great boards! Anyhow, hope you enjoy and feel free to like/subscribe to my channel. (sorry if this seems like spam)

6 Likes

Woot woot @nmagz3

Some carbon, puts lead in the :pencil2:

1 Like

@Michaelinvegas LOL, thanks man! Appreciate the support. Now to get some more vendors on the list for reviews/interviews :wink:

1 Like

Do it! We need someone like you out there hitting the streets and getting interviews and stuff.

3 Likes

Thanks man :blush:! Honestly there is so much valuable information in the forums, so I’m not reinventing anything here. But, some peeps just like a different medium like video.

3 Likes

Getting antsy just waiting for news about the decks. Pretty sure when I ordered the estimate for batch two was the end of March.

1 Like