Rocket Freeflow and Rocket Dual

@delduked - We have an enclosure that will fit the battery if you mount it to a wooden deck. We’ll have some new enclosures for the battery packs soon.

2 Likes

@torqueboards I just switched my dual vescs on the TorqueBoards dual with The 12s3p battery to FOC. I love the minimum sound. I was just browsing through some FOC threads and am seeing some horror stories. What are the risks and are there any settings that I need to make to ensure I don’t burn up a vesc(s)?

1 Like

@Gizmo - Nice… Yeah, I’m a bit of both… I like the sound but then I also don’t. Sound works for a great horn.

Once you set it… I’d just keep it in FOC and ride it in FOC. I don’t have much of any issues personally.

You can also try running it on sensored FOC for better start-up. You would need sensor wire adapters for VESC.

I was just informed that I might have to flash to the latest firmware. It has 4.12 now, is that current? If not, how do I flash the vesc.

It’s flashed to the latest. Unless you wanted to change firmware to a different one.

I’d just run the FOC options to detect your setup and configure for FOC.

Cool, Thanks.

I’m not sure if anyone is looking for abec 11 75a wheels for their rocket, I found one more 90mm left in stock on sickboard.nl just trying to be helpful

2 Likes

Get a chance to test those bushings yet?

I’ll be doing that today. I mixed a big hard bushing and a small stock one on both ends. I also changed the motor mount angle slightly. I’ll post when I beat them up a bit.

So how’s batch 2 production coming along? @torqueboards

1 Like

@delduked Just waiting on the new set of decks. They should be getting here any day now :slight_smile:

So, I did a bit of testing. I put the harder larger bushings on and the stock smaller bushings on duplicating front and back. This created a higher pivot point without totally sacrificing rebound. The results so far are pretty good. I have not experienced any motor mount grinding or wheel bite as of yet. I want to do some more intensive testing but with more protective gear on as I plan to try some exaggerated carving to test the boundaries. I did slightly change the motor mount angles as well. I switched the motors to FOC mode and and am happy with the results. I still plan on changing the trucks to the 220 mm and the wheels to real Abec 11’s.

2 Likes

Awesome. Let us know how that exaggerated testing goes. Also, what are the benefits of those Abec 11 wheels exactly?

The urethane formula on the Abecs is better quality. They ride smoother than their clone counterparts.

1 Like

@torqueboards Are the Wheels that came with the boards 90mm?

Yes they are 90mm

1 Like

@torqueboards So have you got the decks yet? I apologize in advance for my eager excitement.

@torqueboards

I noticed two sets of threaded holes on either side of the board. Will the handles you sell in the site by chance hook up to these ?

Finally got my own range test done. I have a 12s3p battery and was able to get 12 miles. @Gizmo did your board cut out before reaching 0? Mine cut out around 12% or 14% I dont quite remember which of the two. Also with bushings I changed my bottom barrel to a 97.5A riptide bushing on the bottom 95A riptide BARREL on the top for the rear truck. For the front truck, I changed to bottom to a 95A riptide barrel, and left the top stock cone bushing. Speed wobbles gone, even after letting go of the throttle at high speeds. I weight 146 pounds. No motor bite on the board, and it turns great.

That seems a bit off for a 12s3p Is it running hubs?