Rocket Boards NEW site and new product: the FOCBOX!

balance chargers are expensive but charging cells individually can be cheap. if you have a plug that charges them all separately it removes complications. a 13 prong plug I think would work. could even hook up the inductance charging method

I cant find the one I want but could take 12 of these and hook them to one plug. https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Factory-Promotion-Price-QC3-0-Single_60639993823.html?spm=a2700.7724838.2017115.1.6acf78e8cbULmK&s=p and a bulk power supply on the other end, all in a box

I still like the idea of using 12 wireless chargers that charge cell by cell, and avoid the bms like that.

Wireless charging + no need for a bms, lol.

IDK though, too many ideas, but I do now more than ever want to get going in batteries.

P group level 1S BMSs on charging only with a proper LVC on discharge at the eswitch would be ideal.

Iā€™m going to look into my options. I might get a company to do a custom bms design for me. Time to take eskate to the next level.

So say in the future i was to buy your motors (amongst other things). Would they mount onto surfrodz rkp trucks? I apologize for being such a hub motor noob. I have these sweet trucks and i want them attached to motors one way or another!!

Unfortunately, these hubs require a 12mm axle, and the new motors will require a special 12mm axle.

The problem is a 8mm axle can hold a hub powerful enough to not break it. We found that out the hard way before :slight_smile:

talk to @psychotiller, he has some that will fit.

1 Like

youā€™ve got hubs breaking axles? I thought hubs just rested on the axles and used the aluminum on the hanger as leverage. Or are you removing a lot of aluminum and only leaving the steel on its own?

The broken axle was on hummies triple wide motor on the 8mm axle. Surely the saw the photo at the time, around a year agoā€¦

This is why weā€™re using a 12mm axle now. Had to go custom truck to get it though.

ahhh. last year is a giant blur. I vaguely remember something like that.

1 Like