Rocket Boards NEW site and new product: the FOCBOX!

Yea, bms’s I agree on. I’d be down to help support the JTAG bms.

5 Likes

I’d love to see a quality, high amp BMS readily available for electric skateboards. My SuPower one is just okay, and Bestech is huge with minimum order quantities.

I was excited for the Battman BMS. Too bad the guy fell off the face of the Earth. Viva la JTAG!

1 Like

@longhairedboy I’m not, not selling FOCBOXes

Honestly, it’s not everyone. It seemed like Jason picked people strategy to spread out focboxes across the world, so they are never too far from anyone.

1 Like

I’m glad no one is freaking that I haven’t sent motors yet as I don’t even want to touch these parts laying around. they are a huge pain to put together and I’d rather take a loss and send everyone this much better design coming. one day maybe will make money. I’ll have all the stators wound and wheels done before the main parts come in just over 3 weeks so they wil be out the door. winding now. down to an hour a stator and they look like gems.

3 Likes

Oh man this is exciting news…take your time. It’ll be worth the wait for sure…patience virtue whatever

He contacted me but after I fully read the terms and conditions and then asked him about them he never responded… :laughing:

Lol weird. Maybe he just missed it or sow thing IDK. Its honestly not the best of offers but it’s important for me to sell completes. One more piece in the supply chain figured out and it’s a big piece.

and they flip easy.

I’m not selling FOCBOXes, only bad advice. Come and get it while you can for only $4.99

Index-finger remotes with bell/horn and speedometer and light switch (for deck lights) that work with FOCBOXes?

I know, I know

2 Likes

How about kits for making a 10 or 12s Li ion battery without spotwelder (without cells). Some sort of cost effective kit (with instructions of course) that uses compression to connect paralleled 18650 cells in a slim form factor. Maybe also include a low cost BMS for charging only, and plugs to connect to a laptop’s power supply.

1 Like

jake and i were trying to figure out some kind of modular pack system where the P groups just plug together then you plug it all into a BMS and its done. 4P and 5P groups each with a positive, negative, and fairly long balance lead. then all the accessories like volt meter and eswitches and hopefully the BMSs as well at some point.

3 Likes

Have any of you guys used this? https://www.energusps.com/shop/product/tiny-bms-s516-150a-750a-36

1 Like

holy shit. Where has this been?

On ES for ages…lol It can do pretty much anything down to the cell level

that shits expensive though…

It’s used on 140-200 cell packs, in that context it’s relatively reasonable. For a 20-60 cell pack it could easily double the total cost lol

ok that makes a lot more sense. I saw the amp rating and was taken for a minute. This thing is for bikes and go carts and things of that nature.

Or something like a Nextboard :wink: