Rewiring space cell to fit inside the SPACE CELL PRO Enclosure

Can someone comment on the viability of routing out 2 ply for Michael’s board to fit everything better? I see it as the least destructive solution

Unfortunately it’s still not an ideal solution in this case because it’d mean I won’t have enough room for an extra 10 cells to upgrade to a 10S4P pack at a later stage because of the fact that the gaps between the cells produced by the plastic spacers would add too much length to the battery.

So the issue is height at the moment and length and height if you want to upgrade to 4p eventually?

I removed up to 5mm off my tesseract with a handheld router to sink in the battery a little - it worked out well, but added noticeable flex, so I covered it with a layer of carbon:

in retrospect, Im not sure why I tried to route away the strong rocker of the board and making it completely flat instead of embracing the rocker. with foam and vacuum bagging, you can make bend enclosures easily. next time maybe … :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Essentially yea

Yeah its slightly noticeable, but that board is beautiful :cry:

I have done some measurments, the old space cell should fit inside. You will have approx 9mm of play, so be sure not to tighten the enclosure fully against the deck.

1 Like