REVIEW and EU/USA GROUP BUY - 90mm MAD Hub motors 75Kv or 130Kv - Dual 170 Euro. 1st round Closed_ Working on the DD conversion Kit_Mad Fury

Well I get your point. From my point of view it’s not only about economic. These hubs are in the low price range because of the GB otherwise they were way more expensive. I am sorry that I couldn’t try the 75Kv version otherwise I could answer you more in details. Anyhow for the full urethane you are right. Hub motor can not be the same of full PU. On this point I can tell you that they are 3 times better than DIYeboard, koowheel hubs in damping vibrations.

Hey man you are doing awesome job with testing them and this whole GB so nothing more than huge appreciation from me!

2 Likes

Thank you, really appreciate :wink:

Since the FS Dual VESC EU GB didnt make it to the finish line I’m in here for dual 75KV MAD hubs :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Nice! Here the final form https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/review-and-eu-usa-group-buy-90mm-mad-hub-motors-75kv-or-130kv-dual-170-euro-3-to-go/62002/122?u=rey8801. I will close it in few days :wink:

1 Like

You are going to the groupride in Gent are you not?

Love to try them out then. I’ll be there too with my Carvon Torque Drives. I can tell you now that your 130 kv hubs will probably pull better then these drives.

1 Like

Yes I subscribed. I hope I can make it. Yeh Carvon are a great idea but to me it’s possible to use way more powerful motor. I am sure that if I modify this motor to use full wheels they will be way stronger. Anyhow if I will be there, you are welcome to try them out. I hope I will already have flipsky vesc6 on board :rofl:

2 Likes

I was kind of thinking about it, although I have no immediate use for them. One thing to consider though, for such a large order, it is quite likely that the package won’t stealth through customs.

1 Like

The price is custom included. Of course we are paying the customs. If you want to join you are welcome. I contacted the factory and after they reply I will start collecting money :wink:

Can’t wait to sent my money :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Ahahah that’s the mind set! I will keep you all post it. :grin:

1 Like

One of my DIYeboard hub motors is starting to die, any news @rey8801? :smiley:

Hi, Yes I contacted the factory, I am waiting for their reply. I will let you know when I hear something :wink:

This is still open right?

1 Like

Yep, I am contacting the guys. They always takes sometimes to reply. I already sent them the list but I can still update it. So if you want to join, you are welcome :grin: Although you were already in the list so the place for you was already reserved.

Oh cool mam. Now I can see I’m on the list :wink: Can you tell me what is inner diameter of this part that fix them to trucks? I would like to have tight fit and want to prepare the trucks

After we have done with the GB I will post the how to do guide. To be honest I didn’t measure the inner diameter. I can tell you that with the clone truck I had to remove let say 0.5mm (basically the black paint) around the last 2cm of the hanger to get a tight fit. I have seen people mount them on original Paris truck without grind them so I guess that is the diameter that you need. In m case I went carefully and stopped when the snap fit was reached. In my opinion if you need to modify the truck is better do it with the actual motor next to it.

1 Like

I’ll do it when I have them but just want to find out will I be able to fit them on my Ronins or should I buy other trucks.

Your ronin looks like this one with square hanger ends? image

1 Like

Sure so I need to make them round :wink: