REVIEW and EU/USA GROUP BUY - 90mm MAD Hub motors 75Kv or 130Kv - Dual 170 Euro. 1st round Closed_ Working on the DD conversion Kit_Mad Fury

For the same width with this hubs the best is 195 front and 150 back. Also 180 and 150 will work, just check the picture above from @Westyand you see the difference with double 180mm. You can buy single truck anyway, so one for each type. I order the original one, because I didn’t want to wait anymore. I have been using my battery Sanmsing 30q 10s3p since June. Good battery in term size / performance. For a short board is great. I won’t go lower. Minimum voltage sag toward 20% left. With my previous hub I was always at full throttle and I could get about 22 Km out of it. If you have 25kmh average 30 is feasible.

I have some vtc5a laying around and probably use them. They only 2.5ah but if I get 15km out of them it would be already enough. Just need to come to work and back usually not more than 10km

Then perfect. If you already have it. We the calculator you get a good estimation. Then depends on how you ride and routes.

Very rough estimation of top speed is 47 km/h on 75kv and 81km/h on the 130kv with a 10s battery. (theoretical, dont put too much weight on this) Just fyi.

Why you say 47kmh with 75Kv? In calculator I get 40knh which is indeed what I get from my 75Kv hub motors from diyeboard. Top speed of today… It can go more, 65% of the throttle used. I was to scared to push it forward.

vescmonitor

2 Likes

Its just a rough estimate. Given you have a full battery you can go faster. 75kv x 37v= 2775 rpm, Wheel circumference: 9cm x pi=28.27cm

Length travelled: 2775 x 28.27= 784m/min

784/60= 13.07 m/s 13.07 x 3.6 = 47.07 km/h

1 Like

Ah ok. I guess you didn’t include any parameter for the motor efficiency. I usually set it to 85% and you get 41kmh which indeed closer to what I get.

I’m not sure if its taken into account on the kv value or not, but a good motor/generator should have closer to 90% efficiency. World record is 98.7% by ABB if I’m not misstaken.

I also calculate the speed like you did Linsus.

You need to think about that the kv rating isn’t exactly 75kV, it can be a bit lower. Also battery sag is important and of course efficiency. If you’re using a 10S3P 30Q pack and pulling 45A will give a 4V voltage drop to this specific pack. So those little factors will influence the speed.

Like Rey said 85% with the calculator looks also fine to me.

1 Like

Yes, if you want more realistic numbers there are even more factors then motor efficiency to include, rider weight, aerodynamics, friction losses etc.

2 Likes

I have been riding the 130Kv hubs (in reality 110Kv) for the past week. I will post a review I hope this weekend. I would like to test the 75Kv too but unfortunately I can not pay another motors just for test them. Single set are expensive. Judging by the higher Kv one I thing they would be really impressive in torque. These motor are way more powerful than the diyeboard one…way more believe me! Anyhow @markyoe also joined so we still have 4 places left. Ciao ciao

How about the temperature. I have seen your vescs heat up very good thou😅 do you have any information about motor temperature?

Yeh I will mention in the review. Motor doesn’t have the temp sensor. I wanted to compare them with the same setting I had on the diyeboard hubs. After push then quite hard they become hotter but you can still touch them, I do not see it critical, for sure the diyeboard runs cooler but the reason why is the different in power I guess. Anyhow up to know the major problem I have is the 4.12 VESC that if I push hard it heats up easily. Of course if I ride more in an enjoyable way let say and not try to beat any records I do not this problem. I am now trying some more conservative setting. That also why I am getting vesc6 based. Fun fact to understand how much they can pull is that I never reach 95% of duty with these motor. Before I used to pull the throttle all the way down and you see from the telemetry the duty at 95% and then the motor amp, speed ecc increasing over time. With these motor I can reach at most 70-80% afterward my setting limits the power. When you ride you do not feel it but basically I reach all the battery and motor max limit. I can still reach 50khm easy, too easy maybe. Probably 10s4p or Lipo or bigger battery are better with this motors. To be honest now that I have seen the power they can deliver I would like to try the 75Kv, they probably have a really great great torque.

Sounds very good so far. That’s what I expected. Still not sure if I should go 75 or 130kV :see_no_evil:

Me neither :joy: The thing that I am afraid that the 75Kv will be like 65Kv in reality, like the diyeboard and then the top speed is this the same…

I’m interested but… What about urethane quality? They are hard probably to prevent (to some level) urethane moving on the hub. As always this is the biggest concern with hubs and it seems that in this case might be a valid one? Also it’s a time for bitching about shipment costs…why Poland is more expensive :smiley: ?

Don’t cry to Russia it’s not better to ship :point_up: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Shipping cost the same for all Europe. Only country around Belgium have 10 euro reduction. Max is 30 euro like everyone. The urethane is true that is 90A and I was worry about too. But it actually runs 4 times better than the diyeboard hubs. Not say that is like the full skateboard wheel because is impossible with hubs. But with exactly same set up these hubs absorb way better vibration. I feel really good on road with them. The urethane is 1.5cm thicker that probably why you feel less. Moreover the free wheel with these hubs is great. I mainly accellarste and let them coast. They have 1/3 of the resistance of the other hubs. Really this point is pro

I wanted to get 50km/h round about with 11 or 12s :thinking: guess i‘ll go with 130 better

With 11 or 12 s they run cooler for sure. Moreover if you use vesc6 is gonna be 40mhp board. Did you see the video on YouTube from one guy of the forum with these hubs and 12s4p battery? Result 39mph before you shit your pants! He was 225 lbs