REVIEW and EU/USA GROUP BUY - 90mm MAD Hub motors 75Kv or 130Kv - Dual 170 Euro. 1st round Closed_ Working on the DD conversion Kit_Mad Fury

Depends what you want, if around 43kmh is enough then 75Kv. Probably easier for daily use.

1 Like

Ya whatā€™s that in mph?

calculator

Thatā€™s plenty fast sure the hubs come fitted on the trucks ya?

if you want yes, is 10 euro more for the rear Paris truck clone. Otherwise if you have Paris truck or a truck that can be modify you can use it. Some hand work or better lathe work might be needed. Check the guide linked in the first post to see the steps.

i bought the original paris 150mm trucks and mine swaped on easy yesterday. Just drilled the holes for the screws, but no need to work on the hanger.

Yeh with the original and also the clone one they slide on. Only my first clone truck that I bought separately needed a bit of modification. But not that much.

12s @ 75kv speed test:

Still not sure if I maxed out, was a bit scared because of all the leafs and twigs laying around :wink:

4 Likes

I had a lot of fun with those hubs today! Just did a quick test run on duct tape build just to test it :smiley:IMG_20181010_165122_HDR IMG_20181010_142659_HDR

5 Likes

Good man! I am happy of that. I am building the battery now. I hope to be ready before the winter comes. Nice on the Ronin. maybe for aesthetic and better lock of the screw, change them to a short one like M4 6-8mm is what I use. I told at the guy to do not send them with the long screws on the collar. It doesnā€™t make sense.

Yeah thank you once again @rey8801 :slight_smile: Now I have to focus on my battery also and my deck. After that Iā€™ll try to convert those to DD because having Popocas at front and see how big of a difference they make itā€™s the only way for me to be perfect happy :wink:

1 Like

Itā€™s not difficult that difficult to convert them to DD. Thatā€™s why I chose these hubs first.

1 Like

good to hear that Iā€™m not alone any more :slight_smile: Did you check the heat of them, did you also have sleeve issues?

1 Like

I didā€™t have any issues. I used this ebay ESC so it was not a challenge for them. They just got hot but I could easily touch every part. I can compare them only to Banggood cheap hubs which are getting so hot that you canā€™t touch axles and when you put a drop of water on them you can hear psssssst :D. Also those cheap hubs are way less efficient. I was using 10s2p battery and nearly the same time of riding I had still 50% with MAD hubs and it would be empty with the cheap ones. Canā€™t wait to feed them through my ESCapes :smiley:

1 Like

Yeh I testede several hubs and I would put the MAD hubs just after the diyeboard Meepo style first model (not replaceable wheel). The later were better in dissipatin heat or probably also in creating heat, but of course they also ask half of the current with the same settings compare to the MAD. Een after push them hard for 8-10km with the 130Kv I was still able to touch them, yes they were hot, but still possible. When you will switch to a VESC you fell the difference.

After Meepo? So they are not the best ( except Hummie and Enertion)?

I am only talking about heat not performance. If you read my review is all written. The new motor Enertion is making looks legit. Nice I am pretty sure the Meepo one are even cooler than hummies and Enertion simple because they have less power.

1 Like

Here first data from Meepo style hub motors at 12s in FOC this time.

Anyone wanna sell theyr hubs

1 Like

Hi ! Iā€™m a novice at this so I do apologize if Iā€™m being ignorant , I was planing to do a build 4x4 on a trampa mountain board so I can jump with it and go on any terrain including on not so steep mountain paths. I love the 4x4 idea as you can customize the acceleration and braking also I was thinking that the 4x4 even if it has hubs it should still be able to handle some steep climbs. As for the wheels I was wondering if something like this would do http://www.diyeboard.com/images/s/201709/15048848343.jpg Iā€™ve read the discussion and from what I can understand so far these MAD hubs are pretty good. Am I unaware of some really serious challenges or is this project of mine doable?

1 Like