REVIEW and EU/USA GROUP BUY - 90mm MAD Hub motors 75Kv or 130Kv - Dual 170 Euro. 1st round Closed_ Working on the DD conversion Kit_Mad Fury

Plus I am modify them to get DD system, so cool at the moment…

Then I saw the metasurf direct drive, that with 90$ you get a motor :see_no_evil: I lost so many nights to model these motors and machine the parts…

2 Likes

please let me know. I want to do this ASAP

The nice thing that It would be a conversion kit so you can always go back to the original design.

1 Like

if theres an easy way to go DD from hubs that is irreversible… let me know x)

not really, the parts needed are the same. You can make it irreversible but you need to machine parts as well. I asked how much to produce like 25 sets of parts, so 25 drive trains… too expensive with out a demand. To test it out with one sample only would cost me 400$, so I am machine them by myself to save a bit. I am stubborn, I want to finish my initial plan :laughing:

1 Like

Forget about the 90$ stuff… Keep on going with your project. I‘m sure it’s worth it 250%

1 Like

Well to be honest I am always open to test new parts, but really I do not see how is possible to make a DD wit hcustomized parts, becsause are not available out there and charge only 90$. I mean, you would need 1000 sets made to lower the price to that point. Plus for instance these motor will never cost that low to allow to get all the parts together for 90$. I will do my best to finish it. If the conversion kit doesn’t work I will need to machine new trucks. Not really looking forward for it. Although in that way would be more expensive but way faster to make it.

2 Likes

Since our message thing is closed:

Hmm, i just found this http://forum.seemecnc.com/viewtopic.php?t=7306#p58561 thread, they basically say that Nylon has no glassing temperature, it is very stable up to 200°C which would be perfect for us. I think its better to use some kind of plastic since it insulates the motor from the pu, at least a bit. A metal/aluminium core like the diyeboard hubs might just be good for giving a place you can glue it to but it should just transport the heat to the pu. I’ll try something with the Nylon filament i have :slight_smile: lets continue here, makes more sense anyways…

Ah ok I made a new group massage, but we can continue here too. That what I made. 90mm%20wheel%20internal%20core%20v3 90mm%20wheel%20internal%20core_back%20

I don’t know if 1.4mm of nylon is gonna be strong enough. For alu probably but nylon

I’d like to try something apart from alu first. The Diyeboard sleeves tended to make clicking noises after some time (nothing is perfect) :smiley:

1 Like

then nylon is flexible too so I think better to get 3-4mm core.

Here 3.5mm

5mm%20Nylon%20Core 5mm%20Nylon%20Core_back

1 Like

I’m not sure if its necessary. When you glue or bond it somehow to the PU it should have lots of strength. If you print it in vase mode and an 1mm nozzle it should be pretty strong when glued to the pu. I guess we have to find out :slight_smile: I’ll print what I have in mind and glue it in one of the widened pus :slight_smile:

1 Like

yes in your case for sure, bu tif the guy can change the mold then better to get at least 2mm, so he will make the PU core a bit bigger adn inside glue a core of 2mm of nylon or whatever.

1 Like

@rey8801 Are there still any hubs available? :smiley: I missed the group buy :frowning:

well as I said to another guy I can add few more but they are at 190 euro because out of the group buy. Still a good deal compare the retail price from TB. You need to let me know asap because they need to make it, otherwise mine will sit in China forever before I get it :laughing:

1 Like

Ok, don´t wait for me. I was just curious :smiley: @rey8801

1 Like

No problem man

1 Like

There’s a Chinese holiday on atm tho right? So it may be possible to make these hub drives dd? That’s so cool

Yep holiday until Monday. Yes it’s feasible to DD. That’s my project at the moment. I do have other in mind, but I want to finish this one first. It’s almost done. If I would have time one week and I am on street for testing.

1 Like

I’m in for a set so 100%… What should I go for 130 or 70kv 10s4p 3pq battery