REVIEW and EU/USA GROUP BUY - 90mm MAD Hub motors 75Kv or 130Kv - Dual 170 Euro. 1st round Closed_ Working on the DD conversion Kit_Mad Fury

you can get kv from bldc-tool and probably vesc-tool in terminal. Failing that you can calculate from erpm.

Ture, donā€™t spin to fast because at 10s you are close tot the erpm limit if you use a normal 4.12 vesc.

And hold on

EDIT THIS IS INCORRECT This doesnā€™t make sense. at 10s we can run 200kv comfortably, staying under the 60k limit. At 12s on 200kv weā€™re starting to get uncomfortably close. 130kv should be well well under erpm limits for 10s or even 12s.

itā€™s 28 poles

1 Like

Oh duh thank you!

1 Like

When loaded no problem but free spin is risky.

Another tryout overlay video :slight_smile:

Quick and dirty, it just ends et cetera but I didnā€™t want to put too much time in it :smiley: Around 13:00 I realized that the new hub sleeves loosened again.

4 Likes

Man you are a great stress tester for these motors. You need a mountain board not hub motors :grin:With the music is difficult to hear the sound you are experiencing. I liked the speed and torque ecc that they seems to have. You are challenging them on different environments.

Iā€™ll make a smaller clip with the sound :smiley: edit: Sorry but I have to film it seperately, there are too much leaves and other autumn road crap making too much noise :smiley:

You did not sync the data right.

Iā€™m gonna go belt soon but seeing someone else hub drive tube Iā€™m sure gonna miss ā€˜the silence of the hubsā€™.

Its aÄŗmost impossible to perfectly sync it but its almost there :smiley: I tried several times, for the last one I took a bridge also visible on aerial image :slight_smile:

1 Like

194 wh in 9.1 km :crazy_face: :laughing:

Thats insane! 43 kmph sounds great :sunglasses:

whats your esc btw? 78c is up there

2x Flipsky 4.12. I have them in a very compact enclosure (integrated). maybe it gets better with 12s

whew! maybe cut a side of the box or something and add a metal plate? :slight_smile:

even a little fan might help haha

A metal cover plate instead of my current wooden/cf one, attached to the mosfets, might help. But first I have to build my gfā€™s electric kickboard :slight_smile:

build log is mandatory! :slight_smile:

yeh that was the problem also for me, this motor pulls a lot of current. I now upgraded to 6.6 with heatsink. I hope it gets better.

When I ask this im really not trying to rip on the motors, but do you think theres an area on the temp/efficiency curve for these motors thats justā€¦ incredibly inefficient? I had the v2s from torqueboards and they got me up to insane speeds and had plenty of torque.

I only wonder because it seems visnu777 s ride hogged energyā€¦ and my space cell pro 4 got easily less than 10 fast miles before the motors really sucked all the life out

Just wondering what your thoughts are on it

obviously there are ways to avoid it, learning to ride an esk8 efficiently is half the battle to a long battery life :laughing:

clearly heat is an issue, and im no scientist but what hummie says about saturating the stator with energy and heat until its no longer in its optimal operating temp really taxes energy seems pretty sensible. could these benefit from a special hanger for dissipation?

I am not here to defend the motors neither. I was looking for a nice hub motors and I organised that to get it, thatā€™s it. AS I wrote in the review I tested the 130Kv version and in that case to have a nice torque I had to set them high. As result great performance but my battery was drained fast and the vesc was getting hot. I found that for every day ride a more conservative setting that allowed me to go way further and keep the vesc temp around 50-60^C. OF course you sacrify a bit of torque but still capable of hills and reach above 50kmh. Thatā€™s why I am getting the 75Kv too and used them in 12s to see if I can the best of the two worlds.

1 Like

seems like the ā€˜final evolutionā€™ haha

1 Like