REVIEW and EU/USA GROUP BUY - 90mm MAD Hub motors 75Kv or 130Kv - Dual 170 Euro. 1st round Closed_ Working on the DD conversion Kit_Mad Fury

Here first data from Meepo style hub motors at 12s in FOC this time.

Anyone wanna sell theyr hubs

1 Like

Hi ! I’m a novice at this so I do apologize if I’m being ignorant , I was planing to do a build 4x4 on a trampa mountain board so I can jump with it and go on any terrain including on not so steep mountain paths. I love the 4x4 idea as you can customize the acceleration and braking also I was thinking that the 4x4 even if it has hubs it should still be able to handle some steep climbs. As for the wheels I was wondering if something like this would do http://www.diyeboard.com/images/s/201709/15048848343.jpg I’ve read the discussion and from what I can understand so far these MAD hubs are pretty good. Am I unaware of some really serious challenges or is this project of mine doable?

1 Like

Hi! In your case probably 4 75kv would be the best combination. Problem with current design that there are no plug and play wheels that you can add on them. In general if you want to adapt a generetic hub motor you can either make you custom mold like @visnu777 did or convert them to direct drive and then use whatever skate wheels you want. I am converting them to direct drive right now but it’s a custom made project. Otherwise looks to the backfire ranger, skull board hubs. They are using bigger hub motors. Don’t know about power thought.

I was thinking the same thing but I think I’ll go for a custom mold.

When are you going to order again?

Yeh, single set is too expensive. So only in case there is at least 8 sets demand I think it is worth it. I am not sure when we will run another group buy at the moment, sorry :sweat_smile:

That’s ok I’ll be around when it happens :))

1 Like

@rey8801 maybe you should open another GB. It seems like there are quite a few ppl want to buy these.

1 Like

I just realized how messed up your windings look @rey8801… You don’t feel anything strange while riding?

windings

1 Like

I think those are just normal winding when you hop to the next arm. you can see the same things under the 2 you circled.

2 Likes

But is it normal that they jump 3 arms? Seems weird…

No this is normal I thing. You have 2 classic la configuration delta and wye. Most of the motor a re delta were basically you have 6 wires coming out the stator, with actually 3 phases. In the delta configuration you want to connect a wire from a phase to the other… Well a pictures makes everything easier to understand. MotorDeltaWye4 Delta is the one on the left.

So the winding you circled in the picture is just the one that goes to the tiger side to connect with the other wires group to make one of the final motor phase wire.

I recently whatched some tutorial about winding a brushless motor and it’s quite logic. Once understood the mechanism it’s fairly easy. For instance a fast modification that 6o7 can do is switch between delta to wye or stars configuration. You will lower your Kv of 1.75 factor. Meaning that Y if you have 130Kv motors and decide to go lower then you will get 75Kv.

3 Likes

Well we can think about it but I do not see that much demand now. I can try to open another GB. Worst case it won’t go through :wink:

1 Like

@LukePL What motor mount is that connected to your Racerstar motor? Looks nice and beefy, I like!

Yeah it’s 12mm thick :slight_smile: It’s a prototype for Ronins and Racestar motor but I never used it.

1 Like

How many do you have? What is the diameter of the clamp hole? @LukePL

It’s around 30mm but you have to use it with this inner part.

IMG_20181121_003041

I have only one because guy who machined it for me fucked up 3 of them until he made this one which is not perfect either.

1 Like

Since I mentioned in the title is fair to post it here too. Made a thread for it but I can finally try them out! IMG_20190207_001208 IMG_20190207_004812

10 Likes

Holy shit man! They look awesome!

1 Like

FIY in case you are interested :wink: