Remove Hub Motors?!

Hey how do I remove my hub motors? I think the wires inside of them has fallen off. When I check with my multimeter all the wires are connected to each others.

So how to I remove the EMF/Jacob Hubs. I can’t find no manuals etc.

Thanks a lot! Sander.

@Hummie can you help?

you will need to undo all the grub screws and then undo the hex head on the middle of the motor.

1 Like

since you’re shorting everything together you’ll very likely have to rewind them. Damaged windings or connections is showing to be a common hub motor and even regular outrunner problem. after winding you should glue anything loose down but really to do it right and not build up heat because of thick glue you really should sink the whole mass of windings in a pot of very thin high-heat epoxy and vacuum it in so everything is solidly held as is typically done on motors that see vibrations and also even transformers.

2 Likes

I opened it and all was connected, but when I try to spin it with my VESC it doesn’t spin.

Looks like the VESC is destroyed… It just blinks red and red…

When I disconnected it of the CAN bus, one motor spin fine.

Du. U said u got circuits w all shorted, but of course they are all in circuit and that’s normal Hard to tell if a motor is shorted. Heat. Noise. Lower power. Uneven greater inductance in a phase or lower resistance found using very accurate multimeter Fail bldc test.